Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New to this

Post Thanks / Like

Question New to this

Hello Y'all,

I am new to this but live in Middle Tn. Have crappie fished all my life. Where are the good lakes at now that weather is turning colder? Just now having time to really fish this area due to traveling in job.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Welcome Crappie Ranger!

Hello Crappie Ranger! Welcome! I'm from West TN. There's several good places to fish here. As for Middle TN I'm not sure but you might try these places- Old Hickory Lake, Dale's Hollow Resevoir, or Center Hill Lake. Here in West TN if you're willing to drive a couple of hours- Kentucky Lake, Barkley Lake, and there's several TN state fishing lakes in West TN. I'm sure some others here on the state board can give you better insight to fishing spots in your area. Let us know how you do when you do go fishing. Good luck and welcome again!
    Last edited by CohuttaCrappie; 11-27-2004 at 09:19 PM.
    "To catch fish, you gotta be on the fish!"

Post Thanks / Like

Smile fishin' spots

Quote Originally Posted by crappie ranger
    Hello Y'all,

I am new to this but live in Middle Tn. Have crappie fished all my life. Where are the good lakes at now that weather is turning colder? Just now having time to really fish this area due to traveling in job.
    I went to school at MTSU and the Stones River can be a great place to fish. I also liked fishing the bluffs on Priest. We had a store on Murfreesboro Rd that the woman there counted one scoop of minnows as a dozen even if there was three dozen in it. But I had some good luck below the old Dams on the river(from the boro to Nashville on Murfreesboro Rd) and there is dozens of trails around it. There is a TWRA lake around the theater on Mboro Rd that is a pay lake and you can rent boats there. I hope this helps some. :D
    If in doubt, cross their eyes!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone, my son and I will try these. Cohutta, I grew up in West Ky. I really do envy you being around all the great crappie areas. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great fishing area!

Quote Originally Posted by crappie ranger
    Thanks everyone, my son and I will try these. Cohutta, I grew up in West Ky. I really do envy you being around all the great crappie areas. Thanks again.
    Hey Crappie Ranger! Maybe this spring when they really turn on good in the shallow water during the spawn you can come this way we'll give 'em a try. I do love where I live, now if I could just make the money I need to be able to stay after I finish college.
    "To catch fish, you gotta be on the fish!"