Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a stockton low water report,and non fish catching

Post Thanks / Like

Default a stockton low water report,and non fish catching

Report too. sippin on a cup of motion potion, wondering what I was going to do today, fish maybe, sure why not, headed to stockton, fished a couple coves, looking for some brush piles to work over, nothing on them, moved over to some brush on the bluff, nada, hummm engaged giant super brain,,, slow trolled some flats and points,,, hummmm giant super fish brain must have a few dead cells, tic tic.... headed back to the dock to pick up Arkie, went way up the river high point, aldrich area,and beyond, got stuck on a stump, spun like a top, arkie goes to front of boat, I ease the throttle turn the wheel, and pop were free, giant brain working again,,,, well they is a bunch of trees up there so we dipped, casted, drifted between trees, fished lay downs, shallow, deep,mid range,,, still nothing, well after 14 hours of fishing we called it quits,,, well it really was only 4 hours but I tried like 14... better day a commin I hope,,,, take a couple days off clean the yard, grade the drive and get ready for next weeks catching and eating,,, poor ole beagles freezer is plum empty,,sure glad the persimmons are ripe, at least I can have some mrs.pauls and simmon cake.....

Nice fishin with you Bud, next time they will bite

Post Thanks / Like

Some days you're the windshield, some days you're the bug. You'll get 'em next time! Don't you hate sitting on a stump and spinning in circles?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about the lousy fishing but I'm sure you guys had a good time anyway. And those stump rides..... I hate 'em.
    I have not yet begun to procrastinate .....

Post Thanks / Like

Guess I will keep chasing whitetails till better reports show up, although my deer hunting has been slow also. Keep us informed beagleman.

Post Thanks / Like

keep chasin the whitetails, Yes Mike thought I was in a carnival for a minute,,, Ole Bud he just sat there lookin for a good fishing spot, he had a 360 dg.view. and we still could not find the fish,,seen lots of dots on the scope, oh well.. spring is not far off,,, then spring camp, them the spawn,then hot summer action, oh man then fall fishin again...... the water goes on forever and the fishin never ends......

Post Thanks / Like

Had a darn good time Beagle.Can't wait to do it again and i don't mean sittin on a stump.But that wasn't the first one i've been hung up on and i'm sure it won't be the last.Next week we will find some FISH!!

Post Thanks / Like

I know your right bud, headed up to C C Monday and up the creeks to check them out

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    I know your right bud, headed up to C C Monday and up the creeks to check them out
    I think i'll go out on a limb and say that you will find fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Michael the this has been the slowest september I have every experienced as well. It's just been down right hateful.

Good luck next time.
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

You will get em next time guy's. Fish have to win a few
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast