Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: In or outside the lights?

Post Thanks / Like

Default In or outside the lights?

I have read that when night fishing one should fish outside the circle, and directly in the light cause it can spook the fish.
    Is this true, any advice comments appreciated.
    Love, what more can I say

Post Thanks / Like

Some nights they want it right by the light and others they want it just on the outside of the light. I usually set up my crew with 3 poles rigged straight down and one with a lighted bobber for the dark water.

bella is offline Moderator TX Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Out side edge of light == DON'T SINK THE LIGHT TO FAR BELOW THE SURFACE == my 2 penny's

BIG LEO

Post Thanks / Like

Outside.

Post Thanks / Like

I have found that if it is a fixed light location that anchoring outside the light and casting in toward it and fishing the edges works best. If I am fishing with a light I have set out, I like fishing slip bobbers away from it and let them drift in to it. I use jigs a lot and with that presentation casting out and letting the jigs drift in and watching the line for movement. You will see your line move sometimes and never feel a bump.

Post Thanks / Like

Let the fish tell you. It may not be the same every night. A lot depends on how bright the moon is. Crappie fishing has been better for me on the darker moons. I guess the bright moon scatters the bait hence scattering the crappie.
    When there's a single light source on a dark lake, they will concentrate near that source. Sometimes they will be right in the light circle, sometimes they will stay away a little.
    I've been casting my jigs just past the edge of the light circle then letting them fall back to me always keeping in contact with the jig. Some bites come on the intial fall, some come when it's vertical. Once the jig is vertical, shake the rod tip a few times, let it rest for a few seconds then reel it up one crank and shake it again.
    If they are concentrated outside the light circle, use a slip cork and shake it back to you in the same manner. This works with minnows too. Hook them thru the nose so your line doesn't twist as bad though.

Works for me...smedley
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanx

Thank yall for the advice
    Love, what more can I say

Post Thanks / Like

At night we usually have several people fishing and soon we will find where they are and we fish where ever they want it.

They can be found in either or both places.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

we use short and long rods on our nightstalks. if you could say theyll bite in the dark better, wed eliminate the short rods and vice versa. truth is, you gonna catch em in the light and dark water on most nights you fish. be prepared to fish both. some folks dont like using the long rods and stick with the short ones and fish all baits in the light, others prefer the long rods and their baits are out in the dark. everyone usually catches fish. whats hard for me to figger out is why with two people sitting side by side, same lighting and same rods, one will be catching fish and the other wont. it happens about every trip we make that someone is gonna have the hot seat and someone else is gonna be left out in the cold. its frustrating when you are in the cold seat, but its happened to me so many times now i recognize when it happens and dont let bother me like it used to. I once fished with a feller that got all pouty and quiet when he caught the cold seat. some folks let it bother em too much.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Last night they were hitting in the light, maybe 3' from the floating headlamp. I did catch some on the outside of the light ring but is was 3-1 inside.