Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Truman tournament thoughts

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2013 Truman tournament thoughts

We are looking for ideas of what teams would like to see different or left alone for next year. I think we have has a pretty good year so far. Can't wait to hand out plaques. Lenny went above and beyond getting some great looking plaques for points leaders. Here is a few things we are going to do to help things go a little smoother next year. If you have any thoughts on improvements post here or shoot me or Lenny a PM. We are going to make a plexiglass shield to go around the scales to block the wind. Will be similar to Paul's that he uses for CM weigh ins. Getting another table and another board in case we get over 40 teams. Looking at building a sink to use to dump fish into basket before weighing. Lenny gets some wet feet the way we do it now. I will be changing the points to a 1 point drop off instead of 5. This will help seperate the teams that fish them all from the ones who only fished a few. It would shake up the top ten a lot if we did it that way this year. I am working on a couple more local sponsors for give aways at each tournament. I think the Pro Angler rods, transom savers and jig packs went well this year. Trying to figure out a side pot like the bass guys do to up the payout for guys who want to compete for more money. I am also going to try and cut off the day of entry time to a half hour before the tournament start. So take the entries from 6-6:30 to give me more time to unload boat or get on the road if trailering. Lets hear what everyone thinks about next year. What you want changed or left alone or any ideas on making these better to attract more teams and keep them fun for everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

One pole artificial bait only! Other than that I think you ll done a fantastic job! Keep em simple and easy and I think most folks will come out and enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

I think what you are doing now is working great. These tournaments are great for everyone. Getting the word out and involving the surrounding communities will only make the series stronger and better. Having 50+ boats will happen soon the way you are running them now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hardhunter2 View Post
    One pole artificial bait only! Other than that I think you ll done a fantastic job! Keep em simple and easy and I think most folks will come out and enjoy!
    X2 and maybe have 2 starting locations, Bucksaw or Talley Bend and have an officail start at both ramps. I have personally seen people fishing before the 6 or 7 o'clock start time.
    Life is a game................ Fishin is SERIOUS!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Leave it alone………you’re doing great.

Don’t get into the “One Pole vs. Spider Rigging Thing”, who cares…just come fish!

Thanks for all your hard work, (I know it sucks having to worry about the weigh-in, when all you want to do is fish).
    Kevin Rogers-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1badchampion View Post
    I have personally seen people fishing before the 6 or 7 o'clock start time.
    wow, didn't see that one coming

Tournaments have been well run, keep em the same is fine, change em if you want. Only thing I'd like to see is at least one user name per team on the tote board, no exceptions, be nice to know who everyone is and help promote more cdc awareness as well. But saying that whatever you guys want is fine, always heard that people that complain about the camp food get to cook the next meal.

Post Thanks / Like

Just don't start charging to watch the weigh-ins.........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

To eliminate early fishing I would say all get released fron bucksaw by entry number if you trailer or not. livewell checks? just my two cents.

Post Thanks / Like

have to disagree with you on that one crappieslab, total waste of gas and time in this crappy economy....... if someone is going to cheat, checking there livewell early in the am does no good......... trailering is the best thing they ever come up with, would you want to run from bucksaw to tally, 44 miles by water?????? at 2 or 3 mpg.......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olesilverside View Post
    have to disagree with you on that one crappieslab, total waste of gas and time in this crappy economy....... If someone is going to cheat, checking there livewell early in the am does no good......... Trailering is the best thing they ever come up with, would you want to run from bucksaw to tally, 44 miles by water?????? At 2 or 3 mpg.......
    x2!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast