Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville??? plus some CN pics

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville??? plus some CN pics

Has anybody been to Smithville lately for crappie or whites? I just got back from 10 days in Canada and I want to test my walleye hook set on some crappies...I feel sorry for that first crappie that bites!

Anyways, I had a great time and literally caught hundreds of Walleyes, Northern Pike...even caught my first Lake Trout, Artic Greyling, and Whitefish. Here are a couple of pictures of a huge walleye and 43 inch Northern...it was over 20 lbs. Sorry that the pics are so big but enjoy!

When in doubt, set the hook.

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't get the big fish-- or the big grin-- in a small pic!
    I'm jealous.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fishies, what lake was you on. I've never been to Canada (fishin) but i'll get there someday, hopefully...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

We were at Russell Lake in northern Saskatchewan. It was about a 20 hour ride from Minnepolis and then another hour plane ride that landed on the lake.

On a side note, Ralph Plaisted is the owner of the fish camp. He was the first confirmed person to reach the north pole by land in 1968. This is from Wikipedia. Needless to say, the stories from Ralph were just as memorable as the fishing.

Ralph Plaisted made the first confirmed trek to the Geographic North Pole over the sea ice in 1968, which he achieved on 19 April 1968.

Starting his trek from Nunchuk Bay, northern Greenland, on March 7, 1968, in minus 60 degree weather, Plaisted's expedition, using snowmobiles as the primary means of transportation, arrived exactly at the North Pole in a total elapsed time of 43 days, 2 hours and 30 minutes. His position was verified by a U.S. Air Force plane several hours later. Given the doubts surrounding the North pole conquest claims of Robert Peary and Frederick Cook, Ralph Plaisted's April 19, 1968 record is now part of history as the first fully confirmed successful surface conquest of the North Pole.
    When in doubt, set the hook.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you had a great time,congrats on the catches