Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need a new electic filet knife

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need a new electic filet knife

(I also posted this in the nation wide crappie cooking board on CDC, but thought I'd ask here too)

I'm in the market for a new electric filet knife.

I had a Rapala, but somebody felt that they needed my knife, so they borrowed it... permanently.

As I said, I had a Rapala filet knife... however I didn't think it worked that well. It seemed that the blades moved slower than several other brands I've seen and used. A friend who has a Rapala experienced the same issue as I, so I don't feel like it was just me.

I'm thinking about getting one of the Electric Fisherman from Mr. Twister, but I really like the skinnier blades. Especially the one that is narrower in the middle and then about an inch from the end, it widens back out. The problem is I can't find any other blades for a Mr. Twister than the standard one. Does anyone know if the blades are interchangeable across the different brands?

Or is there a different filet knife you might recommend? Is the American Angler brand any good?

Thanks.
    "I come from a state that raises corn, cotton, cockleburs and Democrats. Frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."- Willard Duncan Vandiver

Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Soze, about 8 posts down from yours should answer your question.

Post Thanks / Like

well... how in the world did I miss that??????

"I come from a state that raises corn, cotton, cockleburs and Democrats. Frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."- Willard Duncan Vandiver