Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alot of dinks at berry bend

Post Thanks / Like

Default Alot of dinks at berry bend

Caught alot of dinks and four keepers on saturday. Fishin off the bluffs on the cove points vertical jiggin the tree tops in 20 ft of water 12-15 ft down. I did discover a trick using a bobber stop set at the depth I wanted at the reel. Lets me reel in the fish and quickly get back to the same depth. Does anybody know why the bigger fish aren't with the little ones, you would think if the little ones are there the big ones should be too.
    Last edited by poorboy; 06-20-2006 at 08:06 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I cleaned a birds nest out of the splashwell the other day, that tells ya how much i know about anything hehe...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie normally school with the same size fish as they are! If you're catching small fish you need to move until you find bigger fisf. Alot of times you only find a few bigger ones instead of a bunch because there aren't as many big ones! :D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by poorboy
    Caught alot of dinks and four keepers on saturday. Fishin off the bluffs on the cove points vertical jiggin the tree tops in 20 ft of water 12-15 ft down. I did discover a trick using a bobber stop set at the depth I wanted at the reel. Lets me reel in the fish and quickly get back to the same depth. Does anybody know why the bigger fish aren't with the little ones, you would think if the little ones are there the big ones should be too.
    I fished up just a little further did not get past zz bridge though.
    We caught 10 keepers in 4 hours no deeper than 12' of water not 12' down 12' deep.
    No fish over 13"
    Most fish we caught suspended not around stucture or 10' away from stucture.
    The larger structure seemed to hold alot of little fish though.

Post Thanks / Like

Poorboy,

Try fishing up by Hogles creek. It's up past the telephone lines a way on the right. Last year we fished from 3-15 ft of water and caught some really nice fish. Look for the fence rows and road bed and you'll should find some good fish.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Crappiencali theres quite a few road beds in Hogles Creek have you fished the road beds at the mouth of Hogles or the ones further back in Hogles?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Hey Hogles is off limits:D :D

Post Thanks / Like

LOL!!!!! What's wrong with letting someone in on a little secret gonefishingee!!!! I understand there are some good beds there.

HEB I probably have fished every sticking road bed back there last year. Most of the ones I fished were way in the back in Hogles. But I had good luck on all of them.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hogles???

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishingee
    Hey Hey Hogles is off limits:D :D
    Get back up there to Bucksaw, i ain't never caught A Crappie in Hogles:rolleyes: The little bluff going in on the right is always good for a few, and the cedars at the mouth of the cove at the end of the same bluff can be fantastic. The better half put a whoppin on me there one morning last year in July. The lousy no good had 5 over 15 and lost one at the boat i bet would have touched the 18" mark. Probably saved me a couple hundred bucks and alot of ribbing though. I've seen the road beds you all are talkin about on the maps but have never tried them. A little off the subject that same cove is a bass haven, spooks in the morning and spinnerbaits in the evening, best on the right going in. Man i gotta go fishin AAAAAAHHHHHHH...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

Izzy when i get back home in OCt I'll try to hook up with ya and show you a few of those road beds that I fished. I have to agree with you about throwing top water out there in the morning. They're were a few guys going that this April when we were out there and it looked like they were having a pretty good time.

Dave

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast