Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Help, where to launch on Truman?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help, where to launch on Truman?

My Dad and I have one day to fish together (Friday) before he heads back to Maryland. Will be taking out the 16 foot jon boat he just drove out here and sold to me...sweeeeet. I was wondering which area you recommend launching from on Truman. I was leaning towards Bucksaw. We will be going after crappie and white bass...eventually trying for some cats and walleye. Any advice is appreciated fellas!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm hearing the bite is tough right now. I haven't been out for about a week and a half, so I'm not much help. Caught fish then on large hardwoods along the main channel. I'm sure others will chime in. Good luck.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Word is the bite is still good at Windsor crossing.

Post Thanks / Like

Sterrett Creek report says the white bass are biting real good on the lower lake, sounds like the crappie are slow.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bucksaw would not be to bad of a place to start. Head down river and fish the little cove on the left and them fish the bluff on around. Or head up river around the point that the campground is on and fish the mouth of the cove on the left and the flat on both sides as you head north. Don't be afraid to fish shallow on the flats. We caught nice fish last weekend and also Monday in less than 6' of water. Good luck and have a good time.

Post Thanks / Like

Well the day came and went. One fish....an 8 inch hybrid striper caught drifting a minnow on a painted jig. We ran to the right from Bucksaw all the way up to the bridge. The fishfinder on the boat is about a decade old and only worked for about an hour and crapped out on us. I noticed the main channel would range from 40 ft on one side of the channel to 2-3 feet on the other. Crazy. We tried jigs tipped with minnows and jigs without minnows. Since we couldn't get on any crappie we tried goin for catfish. Nothing....that surprised me. We had lines on the bottom most of the day and couldn't get a cat to bite???? Tough day...I honestly have no idea how to fish that lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to here about your luck! But the more time you spend on the lake the better you ll get! Practice makes perfect! One thing I have learned on Truman is stay on the move! Don't dedicate your hole day in one area cause if there not biting there just not biting! Hope this helps!