Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Well, it took them over 40 years to get back at me

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well, it took them over 40 years to get back at me

but they finally succeeded. I had my third smallie (nice fish around 4 pounds) almost in the net when he made one final lunge. He took out a little drag and jumped out of the water shaking his mouth. The Blue Fox minnow spin came loose and sling shotted right at me. Two hooks from the front treble planted firmly right in my cheek. The back treble almost got me above the eyebrow but it came out. When I walked into the emergency room at 6:00 am this morning all of the nurses on duty busted out laughing. My wife even laughed when I got home with a numb face. For some reason I just didn't find it funny.

Post Thanks / Like

I almost laught, like my mouth curled a litte but went righ tback down, sorry to hear that man it really sucks when you loose a fish of that size.
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Post Thanks / Like

The bright side is you caught two ;-) I had a similair experience when I was about 12 with a red/white daredevil. I was muskie fishing on Flambeau Flowage in WI, made my figure eight and the fish slammed the spoon. As I set the hook, the daredevil pulled free, and 2 prongs of the treble hook stuck in the center of my head. And I mean I crossed his eyeballs so there were some serious G's on that sucker when it embeded in my head. So I drove the boat back to the island where we were camped at and my dad laughed but not for long. He cut my hat off so he could see how bad it was, told me he was just looking, next thing I know, ripppppp!!!! He pulls it out with a pair of pliers! He said they'd have done the same thing at the ER and it turned out OK I guess. Didn't ruin the fishing trip at least ;-)
    Brokentrail
    Born To Fish

Post Thanks / Like

no i bet you didnt find any humor at all in that nice fish and good story kinda remines me of the bud light comericals he he
    [never snap at the hand that feeds ya

Post Thanks / Like

Stuck-
    I got nailed by a 12 year old one time with a 3 hook Rapala. We were stripe fishing below Center Hill Dam in TN. I had to paddle back to the car and load the little boat (this was way before the 19' center console) on top of my car with the Rapala stuck in my neck. Drove myself to the emergency room 20 miles away. The doctor told me if it had been 1/2" over I would have made three or four strokes with the paddle and that would have been all she wrote.
    Needless to say, I have learned to duck real fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    my $.02!