Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What was winning weight at Lake Blackshear

Post Thanks / Like

Default What was winning weight at Lake Blackshear

Does anyone know what winning weight and who won at Lake Blackshear 09/22/12, I fished there from Tue-Fri but could not stay for tournament

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Soapbox me and my partner fished the tourney but I was so darned tired I forgot who won it. I think around 11lbs won but I do know the big fish wasd 2.1lbs. Alot of fun was had by all. The fish were really biting great before the tourney day but not many big ones at all. I am just an old southern redneck and I was throwing back fish that I would never do so cause they weren't tourney size. I know Dan and Jamie will post the final results soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Craig Chapman and Jason Little. 9 LBS to win it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for posting that Earl. Like I said I was worn out and didn't apy attn on the weights. I do know all we had was "butterbeans".

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I wish I could have stayed but i guess next time

Post Thanks / Like

Soapbox, it was a tough day for the majority of the fisherman. 9 pounds was an excellent weight today. I trolled at least 4 miles by myself on Friday caught very few fish. My partner and I trolled and pushed today and had around 5 pounds with 7 fish. We decided not to even weigh in. It should get better as soon as we can get the water temps down into the mid or lower seventies. Water temp today was well over 80.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Soapbox715 View Post
    Does anyone know what winning weight and who won at Lake Blackshear 09/22/12, I fished there from Tue-Fri but could not stay for tournament
    Sorry you couldn't stay. Maybe next time. Glad you got to spend some time fishing and thanks for keeping up with the tournaments. Forgive me, it has been a long time ago since 3:30 AM this morning, but here is a quick run down till I get time tomorrow to get the web site updated:

1. 9.08 lbs Craig Chapman / Jason Little
    2. 8.15 lbs Scott Williams / Billy Williams
    3. 7.87 lbs Forrest Walker / Jacob Walker
    4. 7.82 lbs Steven Bridges / Al Whelchel
    5. 7.20 lbs Joe Rozier / Randall Williams

Big Fish was 2.17 lbs by Scott Williams / Billy Williams

That was just the top 5 and Big Fish. I will get the rest posted ASAP.

Congrats to the Angler of the Year team of Craig Chapman / Jason Little!!!!!! These guys have been consistent all year long. They are a team that knows how to work together to get it done and have a good time doing it. They earned the title to go along with the title of GA State Champions earlier this year too! Congrats guys.

Great tournament with great weather (except a little on the hot side). Thank You to all those that toughed it out and came down to compete on a great lake. Was nice to meet a lot of new folks, and was great to see some familiar faces too. Good conversation about how and what was working too. As always, I learned a lot about a lake I only thought I knew a lot about. Check our web site in a day or two to see the complete standings from the tournament and some news about another tournament this year that has been added.

I want to quote a gentleman that I talked with after the tournament today. He told me, "I appreciate what ya'll do. I had fun at one of the J&D pot tournaments that helped me understand that I can compete with any of the teams that fish the tournaments on a regular basis. That is the reason I fished today, and I had fun even though I did not place as high as I wanted to." Thanks Joe for that comment. It is exactly what we are trying to do. Competitive fishing is not about who has the most sponsors, the best equipment, or the most money. It is about who can catch the best stringer of 7 fish on a given day! I look forward to seeing who is going to figure out the winning pattern at the next tournament.

Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Dan! Many props to you and Jamie too! Looking forward to the next one!
    A&R JIGS - PRO STAFF
    LIGHTWIRE HOOKS - PRO STAFF