Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing

Has anyone been out fishing lately? If so, where did you go and what did you catch? I've finally convinced my wife to consider getting a fishing license :D :D :p . We went out during the free fishing weekend and she enjoyed seeing the bobber go under and she actually caught fish. Although they were small (small mouth and blue gills), she enjoyed herself. I found out that although I couldn't fish, seeing her smile and scream (had her using 4lb test on a 5.5 foot pole so every fish felt like a whale) with every fish she caught was a true blessing. I cannot wait until I get her ready for some slabs, or even some walleye. I told her that her real challenge will be to catch a carp on that 4lb test...she said she cannot see it being done because the pole is so light. I told her as long as I have the drag set properly, you can land any fish you can think of.
    I'd rather be on the lake enjoying the thrill of my rod telling me there's a fish on the end of my line. :D

Corey

Post Thanks / Like

Just got my wife into fishing this yr. To see her eye's light up when a fish hits trolling is JUST way to kool!!!!!!! I got her using a 5.5 ' rod and 6# test she has hooked some super nice gills (the big fighter kind )this spring and she has worked them in like a pro. I would never have guessed she would have taken to fishing like she has !! I did find one down fall now every time I want to head up to the local bait shop for a new toy she wants to go or when I get it home I lose it to her!! It's all good!! and now when the male fishen buddy's cant make it I have a back up !! All I have to do is yell loading the boat and she could be two blocks away and she come a running !!>>> LOL

Now to teach her not to rip their lips off when they hit is the next thing !!>>LOL

You know when the say take a kid fishing thats all good & fun

But If you want to kick up the marriage a bit take the wife fishing!!
    We fish a bunch of lakes that are back in the woods and no ONE is around Hint / Hint !!! My point on kick up a marrisge a bit !!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

LMAO Man this Michigan board is outta control. We need a ratings system for the state boards. Guess then you woul have all the people from other states just dropin in on ya like I do. hehe I been trying to get the wife into fishing but no success yet. Still workin on it though. Thinking along the lines of a pontoon boat that we could night stalk on and also camp on.

Hey signman I did get up there in your neck of the woods for some fishing but only made it to Fletchers floodwaters. I tell ya what there are some nice numbers of bass in there and it was great fun on topwater pop-r and weedless spoon. Me and the father in law must have landed 20 bass one day and I caught one 4+pounder. Thats the bigest bass I ever caught. Boy what a great time! I still wanna get into some eyes up there though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FishCrazy
    LMAO Man this Michigan board is outta control. We need a ratings system for the state boards. Guess then you woul have all the people from other states just dropin in on ya like I do. hehe I been trying to get the wife into fishing but no success yet. Still workin on it though. Thinking along the lines of a pontoon boat that we could night stalk on and also camp on.

Hey signman I did get up there in your neck of the woods for some fishing but only made it to Fletchers floodwaters. I tell ya what there are some nice numbers of bass in there and it was great fun on topwater pop-r and weedless spoon. Me and the father in law must have landed 20 bass one day and I caught one 4+pounder. Thats the bigest bass I ever caught. Boy what a great time! I still wanna get into some eyes up there though.
    I drop in once in a while. I like to think I'm entitled because I was born and raised there. If it wasn't for the Navy I'd still be there.
    NEED MORE COWBELL!!
    JD

Post Thanks / Like

Default decatur illinois

been down to ill. last two weekends, fished the cusa regional.13th semi-pro :-(
    sure thought we would do better, but when we got to where we wanted to fish sat. morn. it was filled with boats, had to go farther up the river and could not find any quality fish...
    sure glad to be back to mich. , can go out almoast and day and get a limit o crappie if I want to work just a little bit.
    need to get caught up on my honey-do's then get back to fishing mich waters, hopefully next week. will be sure to post results when I do.
    good luck everyone,and keep those lines wet.
    fillet em n fry em
    john