Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: concealed weapons

Post Thanks / Like

Default concealed weapons

My question is, can I have a concealed weapon in my boat, while on the water, like I can in my vehicle, without a CCW liscense? I catfish at night a lot and by myself, I do carry a gun, just do not always want to wear it on my belt, and I have let my CCW expire. and would this law change on the mississippi river, given that we share this water with IL?

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a CHL instructor question. Believe I'd call one and ask that question.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Gunner our Iowa buddy will see this and have the answer.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.learntocarry.com/

Look at the "Missouri Castle Doctrine", thought this morning the link tries to load, but hasn't suceeded yet. Another search for the same thing may provide better results.

Post Thanks / Like

Tim Oliver's LEARN TO CARRY - Missouri Concealed-Carry Courses, MO CCW Permit Classes, Info, News

Look at the "Missouri Castle Doctrine", thought this morning the link tries to load, but hasn't suceeded yet. Another search for the same thing may provide better results.

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same question this spring and called an agent a friend of mine knows. He said he thought it would be legal since your boat is your vehicle at that time, but to be sure to call the Attorney Generals office. I never followed through, but would be curious if anyone finds out a definitive answer.

Post Thanks / Like

thank you for the link, Phil. but, I couldn't find a definative answer on the links that were posted. but then again, all the legal mumbo jumbo get's me all confused, so it is probably in there somewhere. glad I am not a lawyer, having to read that print all the time! my wife is a 911 dispatcher here in washington, and I had her ask some city cops, but none of them knew for sure, either. but they all assumed it was legal on Missouri's waters but not on the 'sippi, because of Illinois's laws. they said I probably couldn't even have my pistol on my belt in plain sight on the 'ssippi, which is where I feel I need a gun the most, because I fish right around St. Lou a lot. I don't mean to sound like another paranoid, gun-toting fool, but with the wife's job I get to hear about all the local crazy's, and so I prefer to pack.

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by south point View Post
    so I prefer to pack.
    I feel the same way, there are many situations I feel more comfortable with a gun.

I’d rather get caught with one than without and I don’t have a CC.

Post Thanks / Like

I would rather be trialed by 12 then carried by six
    TOO MANY IDIOTS TO FEW BULLETS
    Likes vic n LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, I agree. I pray to God that I never have to use a gun against another person. I have, however pulled my gun out once. one night, I had an angry beaver circling my anchored boat and slapping it's tail on the water! did you know beavers actually growl like a dog?? I tried verbaly "shooing" him away and it came a little closer to the boat. it eventually left me, but for a few minutes I thought I was gonna have to shoot!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast