Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Where did they go?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where did they go?

Last couple of weekends we have done real good jiggin' brush and cane in the 10 to 12 ft. range. This weekend we couldn't hardly find a decent fish in them. I noticed the same pattern last year also.

Seems like when the cats start biting good and the buffalo and other fish start rolling on the surface it seems like the brushpiles go dead. I tried deeper piles 13 to 17 feet deep but no luck.

we've had some rainy weather but not enough to raise the lake or discolor the water too much. Tried trolling Bandits for an hour or so this afternoon in 7 to 13 foot flats but only caught a couple of little ones.

I'm going to go out in a couple of days and I think I am going to try spiderrigging the real shallow flats( 3 to 5 ft.) with Roadrunners tipped with minnows. If these shallow main lake flats don't produce then I'll try back in the back of the creeks.

The only thing that I can think of is that the shad are up in the shallows spawning and the crappie followed them in. If this doesn't work I geuss I'll start catfishin'.

Anybody else having any luck good or bad??
    CATCH A BIG-UN

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default hot water

The shad are running on top already and I bet the crappie are after them. The cats are going crazy and we are kill'n them. Better jump in with all us baiting catfish holes. We caught 97 this weekend and several were in the 5 to 7 lb range.
    Have you tried the shallower brushpiles on the flats and creek channels? The last crappie we caught were still 6 to 9 ft deep water. May need to troll very shallow flats.
    Good luck and if I get tired of the cats ,I may try the crappie again soon.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

If you would would you post what you do to find them, I am just learning how to "find the fish".

Thanks.

kcbh

Post Thanks / Like

Will do KCBH, This time frame really stumped me last year. Hope I can figure them out.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Hey nimrod what are you baiting with.