Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blakemore Roadrunner problems?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blakemore Roadrunner problems?

Wondering if anyone has purchased any Blakemore Roadrunners recently and had any problems. I have bought four double packs in the past month and the swivel has separated on all but one jig. They all came apart while retrieving except one flew off during the first cast.

Three packs were Crappie thunder series and one pack was the pro curly. Out of all of them the single jig that was good was a pro curly but unfortunately my 7 year old lost it on a snag. He is pretty upset because it was his favorite bait. Lol
    All were purchased from Gander Mountain.

Where do you get you roadrunners from? I need to get him (my son) more, but have not had good experience with the ones from my gander mountain.

dkb23 is offline Moderator Illinois Forum and Supermod
    Post Thanks / Like

Contact Blakemore Roadrunner via their web site. I have seen problems resolved on here before. Customer service is supposed to be good. Ron Stallings will probably be the one that responds to your email. Give it a try?
    If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.:rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, contact them via their site. They are sponsors here and I know they will address the issue. TJ Stallings visits the site occasionally but your best bet is to contact them directly via their site. I can tell you first hand TJ is very quality orientated and will certainly want to know about your issues. I use the Crappie Thunders and have not encountered that problem. Tell you what, PM me your mailing address and I'll send your son out some Roadrunner Goodies for now. I do not need an upset seven year old when I know I can easily help the feller out.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

I bought some at wally world last week and lost 2 on snags/hang ups. Do wish they would indicate the total weight on those things since they have the spinner blades, they are heavier than "1/16" etc., No problems other than losing 'em since they are on the pricey side.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

dkb23 is offline Moderator Illinois Forum and Supermod
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slab View Post
    Yes, contact them via their site. They are sponsors here and I know they will address the issue. TJ Stallings visits the site occasionally but your best bet is to contact them directly via their site. I can tell you first hand TJ is very quality orientated and will certainly want to know about your issues. I use the Crappie Thunders and have not encountered that problem. Tell you what, PM me your mailing address and I'll send your son out some Roadrunner Goodies for now. I do not need an upset seven year old when I know I can easily help the feller out.
    I have been in contact with Ron Stallings as they are donating to our Crappie.com shindig at Kentucky Lake. I mentioned this to him and he wants you to contact him via the Blakemore Roadrunner web site. Give him a shout.....he will take care of you all. They support this great site!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
    If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.:rolleyes:

Billbob is online now Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

SLAB you the man
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

If you like a bladed head, you should also check out CrappiePro's bladed jig-heads. They now carry the bladed head in the "tail light" series, and they flat out catch slabs!

Post Thanks / Like

I ran into a similar problem with my last batch of Roadrunners. My problem centered around the blade not spinning however. Upon closer examination, it appears that they paint the swivel as well as the jig head! Obviously, this is a bad practice (common sense dictating that you should never put paint on a spinning mechanism of any kind). I put the blade in a 1/4" hand drill and spun it a few times, holding the jig head. Cured the problem.

Also, I now purchase "horsehead" jigs from a non-lead alloy (lead now being illegal in this state!) supplier. I paint the heads myself (being more careful than the Roadrunner brand) and have a friend tie them for me. Now these work just fine.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone. I sent an email on there website and will let you all know what happens.
    A big thanks and God bless you Slab. My son will be so thrilled and excited.

Post Thanks / Like

I had some of those painted swivel road runners also from Gander, no worky so well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast