PDA

View Full Version : Blakemore Roadrunner problems?

bkabina
09-18-2012, 08:22 PM
Wondering if anyone has purchased any Blakemore Roadrunners recently and had any problems. I have bought four double packs in the past month and the swivel has separated on all but one jig. They all came apart while retrieving except one flew off during the first cast.

Three packs were Crappie thunder series and one pack was the pro curly. Out of all of them the single jig that was good was a pro curly but unfortunately my 7 year old lost it on a snag. He is pretty upset because it was his favorite bait. Lol
All were purchased from Gander Mountain.

Where do you get you roadrunners from? I need to get him (my son) more, but have not had good experience with the ones from my gander mountain.

dkb23
09-18-2012, 09:57 PM
Contact Blakemore Roadrunner via their web site. I have seen problems resolved on here before. Customer service is supposed to be good. Ron Stallings will probably be the one that responds to your email. Give it a try?

Slab
09-18-2012, 10:13 PM
Yes, contact them via their site. They are sponsors here and I know they will address the issue. TJ Stallings visits the site occasionally but your best bet is to contact them directly via their site. I can tell you first hand TJ is very quality orientated and will certainly want to know about your issues. I use the Crappie Thunders and have not encountered that problem. Tell you what, PM me your mailing address and I'll send your son out some Roadrunner Goodies for now. I do not need an upset seven year old when I know I can easily help the feller out.

jimp
09-19-2012, 05:44 AM
I bought some at wally world last week and lost 2 on snags/hang ups. Do wish they would indicate the total weight on those things since they have the spinner blades, they are heavier than "1/16" etc., No problems other than losing 'em since they are on the pricey side.

dkb23
09-19-2012, 09:16 AM
Yes, contact them via their site. They are sponsors here and I know they will address the issue. TJ Stallings visits the site occasionally but your best bet is to contact them directly via their site. I can tell you first hand TJ is very quality orientated and will certainly want to know about your issues. I use the Crappie Thunders and have not encountered that problem. Tell you what, PM me your mailing address and I'll send your son out some Roadrunner Goodies for now. I do not need an upset seven year old when I know I can easily help the feller out.

I have been in contact with Ron Stallings as they are donating to our Crappie.com shindig at Kentucky Lake. I mentioned this to him and he wants you to contact him via the Blakemore Roadrunner web site. Give him a shout.....he will take care of you all. They support this great site!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Billbob
09-19-2012, 09:31 AM
SLAB you the man

High Tide
09-19-2012, 10:17 AM
If you like a bladed head, you should also check out CrappiePro's bladed jig-heads. They now carry the bladed head in the "tail light" series, and they flat out catch slabs!

Crestliner08
09-19-2012, 12:29 PM
I ran into a similar problem with my last batch of Roadrunners. My problem centered around the blade not spinning however. Upon closer examination, it appears that they paint the swivel as well as the jig head! Obviously, this is a bad practice (common sense dictating that you should never put paint on a spinning mechanism of any kind). I put the blade in a 1/4" hand drill and spun it a few times, holding the jig head. Cured the problem.

Also, I now purchase "horsehead" jigs from a non-lead alloy (lead now being illegal in this state!) supplier. I paint the heads myself (being more careful than the Roadrunner brand) and have a friend tie them for me. Now these work just fine. :)

bkabina
09-19-2012, 01:07 PM
Thanks everyone. I sent an email on there website and will let you all know what happens.
A big thanks and God bless you Slab. My son will be so thrilled and excited.

gone fission
09-19-2012, 01:26 PM
I had some of those painted swivel road runners also from Gander, no worky so well.

skiptomylu
09-19-2012, 03:35 PM
I custom hand tie Bakemore's Roadrunners and if I can help just let me know with a PM, email or phone.

NIMROD
09-19-2012, 08:04 PM
SLAB you the man

X2 but he does keep some bad company! lol lol

bkabina
09-20-2012, 03:08 PM
Just to be clear, this post is not meant to deter anyone from buying this product and I am in no way trying to put down the product or company.
I was just curious to see if anyone else was having problems recently.
This is the first time I have had a problem with a road runner. My father has a couple that he has been catching fish with for close to 20 years.

bkabina
09-20-2012, 05:42 PM
I have been in touch with Ron Stallings. He is going to make it right. If there is anyone having problems with a Blakemore product, I urge you to contact Ron. He will want to hear about the problem and they will make it right.

You couldn't ask for better customer service. The passion towards quality and customer satisfaction is clear after being in touch with Ron.

dkb23
09-20-2012, 08:04 PM
Good deal! That is good to hear. You know that if they sponsor this site they gotta be good! :biggrin

Slab
09-21-2012, 02:47 PM
Yep, I knew they would want to know about it. They are a top notch organization. Especially those Stallings brothers.

bkabina
09-26-2012, 10:53 AM
We received a package from Ron. The are a top notch organization for sure. A big thanks to everyone that has helped and to Ron Stallings and the Blakemore company.
They replaced the defective lures that were lost and included a few extra things for the trouble. My sons are very happy and I am very greatful. Thanks again.

Here are my sons with there stuff.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c258/bkabina/43217d146edfc917f8052f396d3924be.jpg

kycreek
09-26-2012, 11:01 AM
Good deal. They look mighty happy.

NYHellbender
09-26-2012, 11:05 AM
Has anyone tried the Road Runner Tandem baits yet?

skiptomylu
09-26-2012, 11:19 AM
Glad to hear all is well and they took care of you on this bit of trouble.

Good luck,

Skip

Blackhawk19
09-26-2012, 01:11 PM
Now that's some happy kids!!!!!!!!!!

DroptineJoe
10-14-2012, 09:07 PM
I use them quite a bit and haven't had any problems, with that being said, I have used the Stumpjumpers (BassPro) brand and I don't care for them as much because the blade doesn't spin as easily! Just my 2cents...:biggrin