Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Screwed

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Screwed

Did you all miss my flappin gums for the last few days? I went back to work Monday, made it till Wed. before goofing up the wrist again. The Doc gave me some pain pills (whoa) and i pretty well slept through till Fri. Go back to a different Doc Mon. probably to get a screw or two put in it. Looks like i'm in no hurry to get the trailer fixed for awhile. Did you do anything today Barry. I had to re-read that PM and reply awhile ago, boy was i in never never land the last few days...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Izzy, just what the heck do you do on your job????? Oh well, not really courious about what you do for a livin, just how you hurt ya self again.
    Whatever it is, I know it aint worth loosing the time on the water.....well may be it is, shoot I dont know, just wish you would take care of yo self so we can get out at least once before I have to move on. We are due to head on the 21st of next month, but may be back next spring.....ah the life of a traveler. Hope to hook up with ya at least once. Tell ya what, come on over, will use my rig, let you show me how to fish while you inbibe a few cool ones, have a fish fry (course your other half is invited) stay the nite and head back the next day. Win win situation. I get to fish with a master. we all have a good fry, and get to know each other while were at it.
    Dusty
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking I'm A Masochist

Quote Originally Posted by centerdriver
    Hey Izzy, just what the heck do you do on your job????? Oh well, not really courious about what you do for a livin, just how you hurt ya self again.
    Whatever it is, I know it aint worth loosing the time on the water.....well may be it is, shoot I dont know, just wish you would take care of yo self so we can get out at least once before I have to move on. We are due to head on the 21st of next month, but may be back next spring.....ah the life of a traveler. Hope to hook up with ya at least once. Tell ya what, come on over, will use my rig, let you show me how to fish while you inbibe a few cool ones, have a fish fry (course your other half is invited) stay the nite and head back the next day. Win win situation. I get to fish with a master. we all have a good fry, and get to know each other while were at it.
    Dusty
    I had to look that one up hehe. I've been a Millwright for 27 years, Dusty and appearantly i'm (not a Master) at that either:rolleyes: Setting up machinery and conveyors of all types. I was taking conveyor bed sections off of the shipping skids and just turned it the wrong way, i guess. It did'nt really hurt to much at that time, but around 11 that night, wow. Let's see what comes out of the trip to the doctor Mon. Maybe i can get up there for a day this coming or next week and you can babysit my gimpy butt. I sure as heck am not going to rush going back to work this time. I'll let you know Mon. evening some time...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

Get that wrist well by OCT.

SOORY TO HEAR YOUR HURT.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

There is'nt very many things gonna keep me from being there in Oct., Duane. A broken bone sure ain't one of them, thats why they invented rod holders...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

I broke my left wrist in a fall Izzy,4 years ago.Shattered the bones holding the hand, and wrist together.Went through surgery to repair the busted bones and had total joint replacement(Titanium Plate),8 screws, and 2 pins.Massive nerve damage.Lost all feeling in the hand from the wrist down.

They do have straps that they make for handicapped fisherman,that they suggested,I use.NOT.

I can hold my rod,and reel, and work the reel fine.I cast with the right,retrieve with the left.

Best thing the doctor said I did, was pound on this keyboard.I have total function of my fingers,and the up and down motion,but not much more.Doc says the nerves may,or may not grow back.I constantly break coffee cups from the no feeling thing,but I'm glad I still have most of the functions.

Never thought breaking my wrist could affect my fishing,but it has.Take your time.It will heal.

God bless.
    CrappieMagnet