Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cedar Creek report 06/17/06

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cedar Creek report 06/17/06

Fished Cedar Creek today. Weather was mostly clear and hot (upper 80's); water temp was 80 to 82 degrees. Caught lots of nice sized bluegills and lots of crappie. Didn't really keep any kind of count, we just caught alot of them. But the largest crappie was only 8-1/2" and we only caught one of those. The rest of the crappie were about 7" long, but thin. We also caught 4 keeper cats and many bass in the 12" range. All fish were released. We used crickets early in the day, but the fish slowed around 10 o'clock. So, we switched to pop-eyes tipped with wax worms and the fish really hit that combination very well. We fished the crickets both under slip corks and just letting them drift. The pop-eyes and wax worm combination was just fished by drifting. The crappie were about 7-8 feet deep in 12 feet of water around the cedar trees. The crappie bite was very light, so watch your line carefully. Seem to be fewer boats on the water today than in the previous week-ends. Maybe the heat kept people away, but the beach was loaded with people swimming and floating around way out in the lake by the beach. So please be careful when running back to the ramp. The fish were still biting when we loaded up at 6 pm; we spent about 12 hours on the water and caught fish all day long. Get out and enjoy this fine resource

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report!! What type of boat do you have? I was there for a few hours this morning and fished the dam. Several fish also but small.
    Sponsored by my wallet!!

Post Thanks / Like

Bass Skier by Bassmaster, they were made in Danville down by Bryants. It's a 1992 model with an 88 SPL Johnson outboard, 16 foot model. Great boat for 2 people to fish out of. Easy to launch and load. This is the first year that i have use of my own boat and I usually go fishing every week-end. Just my luck though, get a boat and gas hits $3/gallon. But I am not going to give up my fishing. Life's too short.

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing report of the week of june 16ish lol. Well i went down to herrinton lake this week and noticed the lake was up about 5-8 feet. i didnt think muchof it. but we had a north wind blowing the whole week just about so fishing was off . but i managed to snag about 2 dozen blue gill which tasted so goooodd. and i also got 2 nice Hybrids :-) . so for ne of u that are familier with Gwinn island kno of the new ownership prbly. yea i dont like it at all! but there was also some other good news too. Kentucky F and W and stalking alot of Hybrid bass fry now which is good because from talking to some of the locals they say the hybrids have been getting scarse. well it was still nice to be down there adn not in Ohio!