Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hella Great Day!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hella Great Day!!!

Since it was my birthday today and I'm not getting any younger, I decided to fishing today! (Go Figure) I was at my favorite Ft Riley bass pond with the kayak in the water and ready to go before daylight. I was using a Booglebug popper on my fly rod and the first fish I caught was a huge Redear Sunfish followed by a fat Green sunfish and then a big bluegill. I finally caught a bass at the end of the damName:  birthdaybass.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  40.0 KB (sorry for the poor pic quality, I was by myself)
    I ended up catching 5 species of fish on the poppers today including a small catty!Name:  sep16catty.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  8.7 KB
    Great morning!
    Next I attended JCLT's production of "The Fiddler On The Roof" in which my wife and eldest step-daughter are performing! Great show!

Then I rushed home and hooked up the boat and hit Milford around 5:30 Caught 9 crappie( only 3 fatty keepers) and a big white bass before releasing the fatties and heading home!Name:  9-16-2012 crappie.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  40.9 KB
    "I envy not him that eats better meat than I do; nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do."
    Izaak Walton, 1653

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Birthday!! Glad you got out!
    "My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am" -- unknown

Post Thanks / Like

great day to spend your birthday.. happy birthday and happy fishing. how do you keep the camera dry in kayak
    The Speed of a Rhino The Power of a Gazelle

Post Thanks / Like

Great report and pics.And Happy Birthday.
    Life is good today.

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Birthday

Post Thanks / Like

What kind of kayak do you have and do you like it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    great day to spend your birthday.. happy birthday and happy fishing. how do you keep the camera dry in kayak
    I use my Iphone for taking pics and keep it in my pocket! I have a very stable (tunnel hull) kayak that I can't see myself flipping over.

I have a Native Watercraft Mariner 12.5 with Propel pedal drive and I love it!!!Name:  photokayak.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  53.3 KBName:  photokayak2.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  66.3 KB
    I rarely ever have to paddle it except in shallow water!!
    "I envy not him that eats better meat than I do; nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do."
    Izaak Walton, 1653

Post Thanks / Like

Thats such a cool set-up there Joe, a guy could duck hunt out of that pretty good too. Sounds like a great time and hope you had a Happy B-day. Always enjoy reading your posts and scoping your pics. Speaking of pics, get those background shots a coming
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat