Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: spider rigging

Post Thanks / Like

Default spider rigging

Im gonna be on vacation at the lake house on truman this weekend and all next week. Has anybody started rigging yet ? I thought these fish might be moving up the creeks a little more with the cooling water temps.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Spider rigging works year round!!!!

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Like Speck said it can be done year round. They are starting to move into the fronts of the creeks now. This colder weather should push them on in and towards the backs a little more. I plan on rigging again this weekend if the wind will allow it. I have been rigging the flats through the shorter tree rows and doing ok. It has been slow on Truman for a few weeks. Hoping the cooling off at night gets them started feeding up. Last year the end of Sept. and Oct. was the best fishing I have ever had on Truman.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never used my rig to catch a limit. I just prefer the feel of the bite when I'm holding the rod. I prefer to use mine as a search tool when the fish aren't on my spots or where I think they ought to be. I know that when I find them the rig could make quick work of a limit and or lead to catching many more fish in a single trip, but I've reached the point that I no longer need to limit out or catch a bunch of smaller fish to count the day as a success. That being said I never leave for a crappie trip without my rig. It is a very very effective tool. If you're looking for a quick limit for a fish fry or just can't seem to find the fish using more traditional methods it can be very useful. If you are serious about crappie fishing and don't yet have one of these and fish in a state where they are legal, you may want to consider spending the money on a good setup. There are definitely times when it will up your catch. Or if you want to relax more than fish for a change but would still like a few fish for supper, you can put out two or three rods and lazily drift a flat while relaxing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speck View Post
    Spider rigging works year round!!!!
    X2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777

Post Thanks / Like

We spider rigg 2 weekends ago in front of Angel Cove below Bucksaw & the Bluff betwenn Mc Ginus 1 & 2 (not sure on the spelling) & the bluff bite was pretty good..Minoows 8-12 ft down.