Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fly fishing for crappies

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fly fishing for crappies

Who here fly fishes for crappies? Some of my best crappie fishing is on a fly.
    Let's hear your fly of choice.

Here is a little number I created a couple of years ago and it is my go to fly for most fish especially crappies.

Post Thanks / Like

not many folks fly feesh for crappies. There was a guy on the alabama board that was doing it some this last spring. I think he was catching a little bit of everything. I've only flyfeeshed for gills and am wanting to go on a trout trip. What kind of success are you having with the fly rod?
    The two best times to fish (when it's raining & when it aint). Proud member of team GitDaFeeshGrease

Post Thanks / Like

We have a fly fishing board on the site:

Fly Fishing

... but it generates about as much interest as the "Transvestite Dentists Who Spider Rig" forum that I will be moderating in the very near future.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah ha, guess I did not scroll down far enough. Will have to move my post.

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to see a bunch of really good ties for crappie check out Rick Z over at Fly Anglers Online. He does alot of fly fishing for crappie and does really good.
    Right on the front page is an article by Rick and at the end it will have a link to Panfish archieves - right below it is another link of archieves that haven't been moved to the new server yet. Enjoy!!!