Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fin-s-shad

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fin-s-shad

Does anyone use the Fin-s-shad by Lunker City? And if so how do they work for you and what's the best way to rig them? I'm just trying out some new baits since the fishing is so good! Thank you for any input!
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fin-S-Shad.....

Quote Originally Posted by J.T. Crappie Guide
    Does anyone use the Fin-s-shad by Lunker City? And if so how do they work for you and what's the best way to rig them? I'm just trying out some new baits since the fishing is so good! Thank you for any input!

Hello, JT........One of our guys in LA uses them and is catching numbers in the 70's on a good day. His two most productive colors are "pearl/pink" and the other is plain "pearl". He likes to tip them with either nibbles or rosy reds. He only started using them this summer, but has caught many since. He also uses only 4 lb test, says he catches more with the lighter line, and I can't doubt it, because he posts his pics on the site! Mostly, he is just a good fisherman and a great guy. Check out his pics on the brag board and the state forums.....his user name is Tommy.

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen people use them with great success, but 95% of the time I out fish them with my tube jigs.

Post Thanks / Like

I searched for this and realize this thread is over 10 years old, but I'll freshen it up some. I have tried the pink rainbow trout color and have done well. I bought at least one pack of each color, but 3 packs each of the rainbow trout pinks and Arkansas shiner green & gray. That little fishy tail, I like. I also like the 1.75" size. I think at times, smaller is better. GTT

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've caught fish on them, before, but have since gone to using a custom poured version of a similar shaped bait. I still have the Fin-S-shad bodies in one of my tackleboxes, and wouldn't hesitate to pull them out & use them.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I like them in ICE color it's shiny like a shad. I fish them with a Roadrunner head and slow retrieve with a pause or a hiccup (that's a quick wrist flick to make it jump upward 3 to 6 inches). I also drop shot them hooked thru the nose. Have fun seeing what works.

Post Thanks / Like

I use both the fin-s-shad and the tiny flukes all the time. They are my go too baits. I fish the shad the same way I fish my Bobby Garlands. The flukes are the best baits I have found to fish shallow rocks. I use a size 6 hook and run it thru the head. Cast it weightless in shallow water and work it back to you. Crappie and White bass love them. They are kind of hard to find but worth the effort.

Reggie