Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing the Alma Fishing Float

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing the Alma Fishing Float

Heading to Wisconsin to fish the Alma Fishing Float on the mighty mississippi! Almafishingfloat.com It has great reviews and there are cabins nearby. It seems to have a good report on most fish.. Has anyone been there?.. and if you have? Did u catch any crappie? The ol' man has been there and hammered the walleye. Just wondering if anyone has gotten crappie there? If so? Any tips to success? Any info would be muched appreciated! Thanks! Now go get some crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

Fished at the Alma Fishing Float in May for the first time. Had a blast. Four of us fished for two days - stayed in a local mom and pop motel. The two guys who own and run the float are top notch hosts. We caught northerns, bass, sauger, perch, bluegills, bowfin, and sheephead. Plus a soft-shell turtle. But no crappie. I watched the other fishermen for clues on how to rig for the river. There is a bait and tackle shop right on the float if you need to buy something other people are using, but you don't have it in your tackle box. I highly recommend this place and plan to go back. Might not last too many more years if the plan to include a hydro-electric dam actually happens.