Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heads up on nibbles

Post Thanks / Like

Default Heads up on nibbles

When you are poor, old, and a tightwad to boot you notice things. I was sending in an order to Cabelas for some winter duds and thought I would add some baby Shads and some nibbles. I had sticker shock! The last Nibbles I bought were around $3.50. Today, both Cabelas and Bass Pro are getting $6.00 for the 1.1 oz bottle! Not only that, most of the BG bay Shads were on back order.

Not to worry though, Wally World still had a full shelf of nibbles priced at $3.96. If you believe in the things and use them all the time, it might be a good idea to check it out. just my $.03.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe in high as hell gas prices, but not nibbles...........but thanks for the post and price difference for those that do....
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

i get the same results if just tape a dirty gym sock under my nose and spray paint my carpet chartreuse in a few places
    Last edited by kazualobzerver; 09-11-2012 at 07:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Will probably pick up a few jars at WM. I don't think they could go bad if kept sealed. What would happen "stink more"?

Post Thanks / Like

I have fished days on LOZ that if ya didnt have on a nibble you didnt get bit.
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I will stick with the Bang spray. Less hassle than trying to keep a nibble on the hook and I know how much Monty likes the smell of it. I have heard of guys that even put a nibble on behind a live minnow when riggin do it mustake a differance. It's not hard at camp to see who uses them and who don't. With all the gold and silver sparkles all over there hands and face you would think they were somewhere besides in a boat fishing

Post Thanks / Like

That does remind me of a time Ralph and I were on the HOA lake crappie fishing. Nibbles do make a difference at times. First time using the glitter ones, we sit down at our local watering hole after fishing, I take a close look at his face and bust out laughing. He had red and silver glitter all over his face where he'd wiped the sweat away or scratched an itch. I said, "Next stop, a RAVE party!!" then told him to go look in the mirror.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kazualobzerver View Post
    i get the same results if just tape a dirty gym sock under my nose and spray paint my carpet chartreuse in a few places
    next time i fish with you steve i'll remember to bring an old sock for ya
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hogster1 View Post
    I have fished days on LOZ that if ya didnt have on a nibble you didnt get bit.
    Same here. My favorite is the platinum sparkle or silver sparkle flake. I won't use anything else.
    New goal 16" crappie by December 30

Post Thanks / Like

the sparkle ones get me questioned every time i use them. yes dear i was fishing and not at the club

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast