Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: I will throw you fellas a bone!

Post Thanks / Like

Default I will throw you fellas a bone!

I used to fish chenny marion eldorado fallriver toronto res.but now i live in lawrence and with the price of gas i fish clinton and perry. I used to live in the flinthills my fav was council grove. Monkers creek,i have caught stringers of fish over 14 inches and im talking PIGS UP TO 17all from the bank.didnt have a boat....i was fishing the heated boat dock at marion county lake in late jan. it was a midnight bite had the heater cranked up all by my self catching dinks and lovin it.when these 2 guys came in.they had been at council grove and had 3 over 16 anyway they told me about monkers creek.so i told my best fishing partner and waited for the feb full moon.midnight bite.it was a friday night we both had to work that day.we got there at 10.30 there is an old bridge we drove right up where they had told me,it was cold but no ice we kept 9 over 14 inches the biggest was 16.5 no dinks. needles to say we repeated this i think 3 trips in a row! then we started fishing the marina in late march same thing,pigs! man that was fun!

Post Thanks / Like

awesome! sounds like a lot of nice slabs.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the trip down memory lane...
    "I envy not him that eats better meat than I do; nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do."
    Izaak Walton, 1653

Post Thanks / Like

Definately used to be just as u say, back in the day when no length or creel limit, it used to get hit very hard, especially in the winter, and were they ever large. Not quite like that now, but still is nice crappie and saugeye water, hope the huge ones come back in numbers sometime soon. Those were the days! DK