Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where were you on September 11, 2001?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where were you on September 11, 2001?

Thought this would be an interesting topic on the tragic event that happened 11 years ago. I was only in the third grade, and we watched the news in the classroom. Everyone's parents came to school to pick up their kids, mine included.

Post Thanks / Like

in the backyard relaxing in the hammock......broke my foot 2 months earlier.......my wife called me and told me to turn on the news....terrible day.............
    PASS IT ON-TAKE A KID ON YOUR NEXT OUTING

Post Thanks / Like

At Work, Wilson Dam, TVA,. They called me up had it on the TV, saw both Towers come down, Sad day !!!!!! will remember till I die,!!!! Still PISSED !!!!!!!
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Was working, on the way to a client's house. He came out and told us about the first plane when we got there. We got back to the shop just after the 2nd plane hit. Watched the news and listened to the radio all day. Even went to the school and took my daughter out for the day. Brought her home and sat with her and explained to her that this was the most historic event she would probably see in her lifetime.

Post Thanks / Like

I was on a project in Ramos Arizpe Mexico outside Monterrey, Mexico. We were validating machine schematics and capturing changes to the machine since the last upgrade. Our host came out and told me I needed to sit down. Right away, i thought something had happened to my family back home. He then told me that my country was under attack. I felt relief that it wasn't my family, but then a whole nother set of worries crept in.
    Our company had us sit tight until that weekend. By then, my partner and I were way past ready to come home. The trip home was an adventure in itself.

Post Thanks / Like

I was at work. Had no clue about what was going on until one of my guys told me a plane hit one of the towers. I didn't realize anything was going on until the 2nd tower was hit. I work in a steel mill so I walked out and looked up. It made me wonder what kind of targets our enemy had in their sights.
    I didn't know a single person that was killed that day in the towers, the Pentagon or in the Pennsylvania field, but it hurt my soul that those people died. I too will never forget the day or the feelings that rushed through me. I can still remember for several days afterwards not seeing any planes overhead with the exception of 2 fighter jets. That in itself was very strange since I live in an area that has lots of planes overhead.

I hope and pray that the survivors and families of those that were lost on that unforgettable day have found some peace and their wounds have healed. I also hope they never forget.

Post Thanks / Like

I was headed for my office, driving down the highway listening to the radio when the news broke about the first plane. I called Paul to tell him what was going on, since he was at work with no radio or tv. All I wanted to do was be with him and my momma. As the news kept coming in, it was so shocking and almost unbelievable. When it became clear that it was a terrorist attack, I remember that for the first time ever, I didn't feel safe anywhere. I remember watching the tv coverage constantly, my heart breaking at the senseless loss of life and mad as hell at the same time.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I was recovering from shoulder and neck surgery after my work-place injury and my wife had Today Show on TV. They announced that a small plane had crashed into the WTC and switched to live cameras from that area. I watched the 2nd plane hit and told my wife that was no accident and the SHTF had just started. I spent the next few days glued to the TV, watching events unfold and watching the recovery attempts at WTC. Like stated above, I still get fighting mad every time I see pics of the hijackers or think about what has happened since for this country to essentially forget how we all felt on that day and the days soon after.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I was on the roof of the Trade Center in Chattanooga Tn.Every time we heard a plane every one watched it till it was out of site.A very scary day for me and my crew.
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I was at work building boats for Bumble Bee. Never will forget the feeling I had when that second plane hit.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast