PDA

View Full Version : Tackle Bag or Box??

Len
06-15-2006, 01:03 PM
In search of New tackle storage and was wondering if any of you use the tackle bags instead of the tackle box and if so what brand and how do you like them.

Mo'nBack
06-15-2006, 01:12 PM
I use an Ocheechobee Flats bag and love it. I had a Shimano bag before and liked it just as much.

killercrappie
06-15-2006, 01:30 PM
I have three tackle bags and a , don't laugh, a Eddie Bauer diaper bag the holds plano storage boxes, four of the big ones for the plasics jigs and baits, and the side pockets work great for the hooks and jig heads and the places where you put the bottles hold the spray scents. I got this at a grage sale for $3. The nice thing about the bags, most of them are waterproof and handle the heat and sunlight very well. I was at Walmart, i usually don't buy any fishing tackle from walmart but my wife was getting something so I was looking at their tackle bags and they have a really nice one, the brand name starts with and S, it was a pretty good size one also, tons of room. I can't remember the name, it was pretty nice, I thought, for walmart at least. I'll have to get the brand and get back to you but I think i might get it.

crome
06-15-2006, 01:34 PM
i use the plano 3372 soft gear bags and love them,i never really liked the hard boxes,just to bulky for me

SwampHunter
06-15-2006, 02:45 PM
I use bags. Wal-mart has/had a really nice large bag with boxes for $30.00. I actually thought about picking one up, but I already have a medium sized bag for panfish and a huge bag for Bass.

gonefishingee
06-15-2006, 03:31 PM
I use a bag Bill Dance signature whoever that is.:D :D
The only problem I have is it got wet a couple of times and has some type of growth on it.

titleman
06-15-2006, 05:43 PM
Bag!

Easier to carry, doesn't hold heat as much, thus less melting. Side pockets can hold extra reels, thermocell, gps and still have room for other stuff!!

I'm a bagman!!!

wrwest
06-15-2006, 09:30 PM
I use both. I have several hard tackle boxes, mostly for stroage. Plano My daughter gave me a soft side tackle bag. It is a little small only hold three trays. Field & Stream. I am getting used to it, and looking for a bigger one. I also use a large camo fanny pack, with shoulder straps. I use it when I know I will be hiking into an area. Fieldline. My feeling are they all have a use in my inventory. I also have fishing gear in cardboard boxes spread aound the shop kinda hidden, if you know what I mean :)

abarkley
06-16-2006, 03:44 AM
i have the shimano from wally world. i think it came with 6 trays, but you can get seven in there. the bag is so much easier to keep organized than the boxes i've had in the past.

ykkapslabhunter
06-16-2006, 04:09 AM
I got one of Cabela's.... http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat20166&id=0036306120771a&navCount=2&podId=0036306&parentId=cat20327&navAction=push&catalogCode=IG&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat20327&hasJS=true

I've had it for 2 yrs and its in as good as shape as the day I got it. Its very tough and durable from what I can tell. Cost a little more but it will probably be the only one I ever buy so I spent the extra $$$.

Backlash
06-16-2006, 04:37 AM
I use a Tackle Logic bag my daughter got for me several years ago. It holds 8 big Plano plastic boxes and has other pockets for other stuff. I didn't think I'd like it at first but it holds everything and doesn't take up much room. It has a shoulder strap making it easy to carry. I even used it for a suitcase once. Dumped all the tackle, sprayed it with Lysol and threw in my clothes.

Mopar Matt
06-16-2006, 04:38 AM
I have a Flambeau 5005 ST (http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=44699&hvarDept=100&hvarEvent=&hvarClassCode=11&hvarSubCode=10&hvarTarget=browse)
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/Jar133/Fishing/9c1d7f20.jpg

This is the newest one from Bass Pro. I have had mine for 3 years and love it. Although, it is overflowing and I am thinking of buying another one. Then I would have one for crappie and one for Bass. I also have a BPS Extreme double side worm bag that works equally well for soft baits.

porboy298
06-16-2006, 06:25 AM
I am an old Mother Earther that likes to use something that others toss. I do
have some reg tackle boxes or the tackle bags but the ones I use most are, like killercrappie, diaper bags, vidio camera bags, hard case items of all kinds,
some drawstring bags and purses, Swiss mess bags, backpacks etc. Most of them have extra pockets for camera items or other items and are just right for
tackle and cost only .25 to $1.00. OK I am frugal or cheap but that frees up money for items I can't make myself.
Bill

killercrappie
06-16-2006, 08:41 AM
For a while i thought I was alone on the diaper bags but they usually work pretty well and I don't worry as much if the get ruined because they are cheap to replace plus you can put about any size box in them.

b_a_s_s_101
06-16-2006, 09:15 AM
I use a tackle bag. Its ment to be a hiking bag, I think, but i have several little boxes for all my stuff. It works well enough for me. And when we take the boat out i just pack a little box so if something would happen i wouldn't lose everything :D If I ride my bike out to the lake i pack some a few of the little boxes in a school bag and hold my rods in my hands. I usually have a baitcaster and a medium action, then my ultra lite. gets the job done.

captkev
06-16-2006, 09:36 AM
Just last weekend I went fishing with my father in-law to be on Mille Lacs for walleyes, he has seen my boxes before and asked if I would just bring the basics for walleye for a day on the water, a friend had gave me a bag that holds 4 med size plano flat trays in it, I was amazed at the ammount of gear that I took out of the big box and got into the bag, I just might get a few more and get rid of those old boxes for good.:D

crappie66
06-16-2006, 10:34 PM
The Bag is the only way to go, just make sure you get one that has a strap long enough to go over the shoulder and allow you to carry the bag behind you, kinda like a backpack. So nice to free up a hand, allows you to carry more, with less trips back and forth, especially when you are walking to secluded areas.

zappaf19
06-17-2006, 03:59 AM
I have a box and bag. I only use the bag.
Bill

magnum500
06-17-2006, 04:32 AM
I have a small plastic tote that holds four Plano trays that I keep my jigheads and other hard items in. I then have three worm bags which have ten bags inside that hold my plastic jig bodies. They take up very little room and were only $5.00 each at Wally World.