Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Morse Lake Smackdown - 9/8

Post Thanks / Like

Default Morse Lake Smackdown - 9/8

Had to make a run to the north side of Indy to pick up more of those VMC Neon Moon Eye jigs, so brought a couple sticks along with me and met a couple friends up on Morse a little before 3:00. Was a bit too windy to get any good video coverage of the trip, but did snap a couple picks to share. Water level has come up about a foot from the rains, but the lake is still 4.5 feet low.

Name:  CIMG3856.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  74.9 KB

Here's a shot of the type stuff we were finding our crappie on. Stumps on main river channel drops in about 12'-16' of water.

Name:  CIMG3860.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  69.6 KB

Don't normally keep a lot, but one of the guys with us thought we should get an early jump on the fall freezer stocking since he doesn't get to go with us much, so we ended up keeping our 75 fish, then tossing everything after that back. Not sure exactly how many we caught today, but I'm guessing 150 or so would be a safe call when we finally pulled off the water about 4 hours after we began.

-T9
    Last edited by Team9nine; 09-08-2012 at 09:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

you are a machine my friend......congrats
    PASS IT ON-TAKE A KID ON YOUR NEXT OUTING

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fishing in windy conditions. Did you happen to see High Tide out mowing the bottom of the lake somewhere? I think he should leave the weeds for the fish instead of mowing them.

HHD
    GnawMart Tenderloin Sandwich Prostaff, Gnawbone Indiana

Post Thanks / Like

bravo bravo!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Hog Daddy View Post
    Nice fishing in windy conditions. Did you happen to see High Tide out mowing the bottom of the lake somewhere? I think he should leave the weeds for the fish instead of mowing them.

HHD
    I was fishing Heritage Lake yesterday, because I got a report that they're slamming there last week! LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by High Tide View Post
    I was fishing Heritage Lake yesterday, because I got a report that they're slamming there last week! LOL!
    That's great I would have, but I really wanted more of those jig heads - so I drove. What a mess though with all the construction and then the BMW golf traffic on top of it...

-Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Team9nine View Post
    That's great I would have, but I really wanted more of those jig heads - so I drove. What a mess though with all the construction and then the BMW golf traffic on top of it...

-Brian
    You should have called me, I would have dropped them off, along with some real jig-heads from Crappie Pro! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by High Tide View Post
    You should have called me, I would have dropped them off, along with some real jig-heads from Crappie Pro! LOL
    I don't know - I'm afraid I might not have got them all if I did that though I might have learned some new holes out on Morse

We'll have to hook up some time this fall.

-T9

Post Thanks / Like

I was up at Heritage Lake last week working on a log home. And saw alot of folks fishing during the week Thought must have been biting. I should be back up there in a few weeks, just may bring boat up and fish after work.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice mess of crappies. Way to go.