Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: dept of cons. fishing reports

Post Thanks / Like

Default dept of cons. fishing reports

I get a weekly report from the cons. dept. on email they say fishing is slow on stockton for crappie. well dont listen to them if you get a report from them the crappie have been good to excelent. for two weeks now not the biggest but 10 1/2 to 11 and that's nice. anybody else get these reports and if so how do you compare your fishing to their reports?
    Last edited by beagle man; 06-16-2006 at 11:08 AM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like

i check those reports frequently and just remember that they are compiled by volunteers mainly. and everyone here knows that sometimes one guy will kill 'em and another will catch one dink. the reports are there just as an idea, not meant to change anyones plans. some of the fisheries programs are "in-line" so to speak when it comes to budget cuts, so the more people that view the reports, the better we all are. also, teh more people that apply for master angler awards the better. i have heard that one is high on the list because few people have caught onto it. i have two of them, they are free and they really are cool certificates well suited for framing. look into it!
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

Test to see if the file uploaded
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't work. EXCEL File is too big.

FYI

I have a preliminary study given to me by one of the MDC Biologist for the Crappie Electroshock Study for Table Rock 2005. Send me your email address and I'll send you the email sent to me.

In a nutshell. Most of the fish shocked were at or above the legal lenght limit of 10". The numbers are lower than the two previous years, but still above average.
    Standing in the Gap