Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Well it's been a long time, but need some prayers again For Son

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well it's been a long time, but need some prayers again For Son

I have not posted an update on my oldest son in a long time, but there has been a lot going on, sometimes good and sometimes not so good. He is about to be out of the military after 12 years now and as most of you know he was blown up by an IED in Dec. 2006 and they took his leg in 2007.
    Well he has had it cut off 4 times including that first one and each time it heals and gets pretty good for a while, but soon his stump tears open and has a hard time healing again and even if it does it's only a short time before it open again and good many time with infection.

Now that he's getting out and going to work for the Green Beret Foundation he and his wife are most likely getting a divorce. He does get disability also, but has a pretty bad case of PTSD as well which is a whole other problem.
    Then Yesterday he called me today after his trip to see his prosthesis guy and a doctor he wanted him to see since his stump keeps tearing open and has been like this since they cut it off in 2007. He has had it cut off again 4 times and now this doc took X-rays and said he would have to have some cut off again, good grief! He told him he told him could wait, but that would only be putting it off until later as it has to happen. He said he had not set the date yet just because that was the last thing on his mind going over over to Orlando to see this new Doc, so it was a big surprise and not something he was prepared for, but he knew by the time he called me that it would happen in the next 2 weeks. So in the next 2 weeks he will have his 5th amputation and hope and pray this one is good. Part of the problem is he was burned so bad that his skin is very thin and has no give like normal skin does.

Thanks for the support you guys have given! We all appreciate all the prayers from before and want to thank you in advance for another round of prayers.
    Last edited by skiptomylu; 09-07-2012 at 10:22 AM.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Prayers from Brenda and me. I see sadness every time I go to the VA. I always visit our warriors at the hospital unit.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers sent ..........
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers from my family and tell him we are grateful for his service and regretful of his sacrifice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Early to bed…early to rise…fish all day…make up lies.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to hear that he is having these problems. It was bad enough that he sustained the injuries and now he has to deal with complications and a divorce. That is a lot for one man to deal with. Having dealt with the original injury he sounds as if he is a strong young man and will be able to deal with this. I again thank him for his service to this great country and pray that he heals quickly.
    To make life enjoyable, you must have crappie days.

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts and prayer are with your son and the family.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

My prayers are always with you my friend.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys we really appreciate it.

I need to clear one thing up though, he's not really young since he didn't get his Green Beret until he was 37 and just turned 44 a few days ago, LOL!

For you guys that were not hear when all this happened I have a little bit of the story I am posting so you know what this is all about.

A little back ground for you that don't know the story. He joined up right after 9/11. He was in the 3rd ID when they first went into Iraq and his company was part of the ones that set the speed record for moving that far and were the ones that took over the airport in Bagdad and first that went downtown there. when he came back it just was not good enough so he signed up for selection for Special Forces and made it in. It took almost 2 years of additional training to get that Green beret and then next time over to Iraq is when the IED was set off under his vehicle. It was a shaped charge, the kind from Iran and was set off by someone watching which then there was a fire fight. It didn't go off right or he would have been cut into and killed. He was lucky, but still injured pretty bad as his legs burned really bad and he has no buttocks at all as they were blown off. Lots of nasty shrapnel inside him too. They were out looking for the bad guys and just got caught in a trap.

It took a couple days to get out of Iraq because of the weather, but as soon as they took him to Germany a burn unit flew out of San Antonio to Germany to pick him up and bring him back. The security even back here in the hospital was very tight and they didn't even put his name on the door to his room. We were told not to say much on line as far as his name and stuff like that as they wanted to keep all that to a minimum and even told part of the family that had planned some kind of event that they didn't want them doing that. This was to protect him and us as his family.

Thanks again guys.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

prayers for your son and all of our heroes.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wishing him well, Skip. Keep us updated.

... cp

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast