Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Thousand Hills State Park

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thousand Hills State Park

Looking for anyone who knows much about the state park. I am a student at Truman State University I have caught alot of bass at the state park so far but can not seem to get into the crappie. I am confined to the shower since i do not have a boat any hints on where to go or what you typically throw at them would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Luke

Post Thanks / Like

Never been over there man sorry I'm no help. You might call the MDC and ask one of their agents.
    New goal 16" crappie by December 30

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck! I'm no help!

Post Thanks / Like

Tell you what...there are a LOT of nice lakes within decent driving distance of Kirksville. I went to college there in the late 80's and fished them all.

Hazel Creek
    Thousand Hills
    LaPlata City lake
    Santa Fe Lake (east of LaPlata)
    Sever Lake at Hurdland
    Lancaster Lake
    Ponds at Big Creek State Park

I don't miss much about Kirksville but I DO miss those fishing spots. I got around all of them on foot at one time or another. Hazel Creek and Thousand Hills are pretty big to walk around but there are access points that make it possible. One night I started fishing at about 6PM at Hazel Creek and didn't make it back to my car until around 4AM.....I walked a bit too far but the fishing was GOOD and I just couldn't quit!!

Post Thanks / Like

1000 hills small crappie
    live north of kv best one i think in the area is sever 1st laplata city lake 2nd hazel creek 3rd
    good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Crappiebuster36, A friend and I fished Hazelcreek last Sat and caught over 100 I am sure. Only 4 were keepers. Would like to have more keepers but we had a blast. They were hitting so hard , you would think they were going to take your rod out of your hand. 1000 Hills has a motor limit and Hazelcreek is trolling only