Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Twain????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Twain????

I have not seen a post about twain in ages. did they drain the lake, or did ya'all fall off the face of the earth? I have not been there in a couple of months now, mostly because I am poor and oil companies are greedy. but my co-worker has been there and he says the fishin' just plain sucks! is anyone out there doing any better?
    I am getting all revved up for whitetails (the four legged ones) and thought of taking a trip this weekend for some last minute slabs, but I was really hoping to hear some positive feedback, first.

Post Thanks / Like

Nope still sucks go get ready to kill deer wait till October.

Post Thanks / Like

Greg,

Haven't been over there to fish............ waterfowl season is closing in and working to get my property in Illinois ready! If we get that finished, we may reward ourselves with some early October slabbies, BUT that all depends on when my little girl decides to make her appearance.

Busy times......good times.

RLM

Post Thanks / Like

went last week and caught a limit of 9-11" fish, lot of dinks too.

Post Thanks / Like

well, 1 good report and one not so good. decisions, decisions. man, I am getting the fever pretty bad.....
    Robbie, good luck with the ducks, better luck with the little girl.

Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering the same thing about Twain. I haven't been on here in a couple of months, new job, kids, Army, etc. keeping me really busy and havent made it up to Twain in a while. Last time I went fishing at all was about 3 weeks ago at Table Rock. Caught one nice channel on jug lines and several really nice Kentuckys and a hand full of big bluegill, but no crappie. I was thinking about taking my mom to Twain for her birthday one of these weekends but if the fish aren't biting, theres really little point.

This weekend for me is mostly dedicated to preparing duck hunting stuff as well. Going south to work on some property and working on the new layout boat. Lots of work to do on both of those.

Greg, I was by your place the other day and finally had time and was going to stop but it looked like you had company. We'll get together some time, those carp aren't going to shoot themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ktjones View Post
    I was wondering the same thing about Twain. I haven't been on here in a couple of months, new job, kids, Army, etc. keeping me really busy and havent made it up to Twain in a while. Last time I went fishing at all was about 3 weeks ago at Table Rock. Caught one nice channel on jug lines and several really nice Kentuckys and a hand full of big bluegill, but no crappie. I was thinking about taking my mom to Twain for her birthday one of these weekends but if the fish aren't biting, theres really little point.

This weekend for me is mostly dedicated to preparing duck hunting stuff as well. Going south to work on some property and working on the new layout boat. Lots of work to do on both of those.

Greg, I was by your place the other day and finally had time and was going to stop but it looked like you had company. We'll get together some time, those carp aren't going to shoot themselves.
    lol, it seems like I always have company! usually somebody over here, but the more the merrier! don't worry, I'd probably rather talk fishing with you than hear the town gossip from the wife and her friends. and the boat is always ready to go!

Post Thanks / Like

I had a Pretty good day today….got to the lake just before sunrise and caught a few right away but then fishing was slow until around 830 or 900. Ended up with a nice mess of crappie…..20 some between two of us…..had to quit at 11 or might have had limits. Fish were 15-16 foot over 25+ fOW....most came a few feet away from structure.

Post Thanks / Like

going after them in the morning,hope I dont get ran over by all the bass fisherman. will post how the bite is. havent been out for a couple of months hopefully i can find some.