Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: summer so far....total bummer.....but winter?

Post Thanks / Like

Red face summer so far....total bummer.....but winter?

ok so i havent gotten the chance to hit the lake once this year but theres still hope. so fall is going to be setting in soon but my questions is, is it really prime season(fall/winter) to go fishing for crappie and gills?

as far as i can tell the cooler temps both air and water brings the crappie into a feeding frenzy to prepare for the winter chill.

lets see what your success rates are for getting big crappie and gills in the fall/winter months.

Post Thanks / Like

i can't speak for gills but the crappie feeshn' is excellent in the fall and winter months in the south east. It is my favorite time to feesh.
    The two best times to fish (when it's raining & when it aint). Proud member of team GitDaFeeshGrease

Post Thanks / Like

cool. whats the biggest catch(both number of fish and the biggest fish caught) you ever gotten in the fall/winter months?

Post Thanks / Like

most feesh caught was somewhere between 150-200 keepers of 9" and up (on the ten-tom waterway) it's not uncommon during the fall months, i do not keep them all, only my limit, with 11' and up. Largest in the winter was 2lbs.15oz, largest ever was 3.05 caught during a spring tourney at another lake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher_Girl_Kitti View Post
    cool. whats the biggest catch(both number of fish and the biggest fish caught) you ever gotten in the falllbs./winter months?
    The two best times to fish (when it's raining & when it aint). Proud member of team GitDaFeeshGrease

Post Thanks / Like

sweet! talk about a catch!