Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Regulations

Post Thanks / Like

Default Regulations

This is not about fish biology, but I have a question on boating regulations. There are a couple of smaller conservation lakes that are trolling motor only close by. Is it illegal to use the main motor when trailering the boat.
    I am thinking that it would be easier to get the grand kids out catching bluegill at some of these smaller lakes than it would be to be tree jumping around Smithville. They enjoy the heck out of the spring bite, and being on the boat, but the attention wanes easily.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

The regulaton is trolling motor only, so using your gas motor is illegal. Whether you get a ticket or not is up to your local agent. I would discuss with your local agent before using your motor before loading. There have been some people that have taken advantage of agents being lenient on this regulation in the past, so make sure you discuss it with them first.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again for the clarification. I am going to try to contact Mr. Carlisle, but it sounds like I may be getting wet at the ramp wenching the boat up the trailer if I decide to go.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Get the boat going with the trolling motor and them pull it up just before you hit the trailer. Can usually get it on far enough to hook up strap and stay dry. The little lake in Windsor allows you to load and unload with big motor. Also will let you back it in to test motor if working on it. Most are not so easy on the boaters. But they do not use it for city water like some city lakes do.