Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Alice Waterport NY

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Alice Waterport NY

Has anyone fished this lake? Going this weekend, I have found bits of info on the web about crappie, and walleye being good on this lake,so i thought i would put a line out in ny forum before heading out.Any tips would be great,plastic or live bait,north end south end ,anything.
    "It is not what we have that will make us a great nation; it is the way in which we use it." Theodore Roosevelt

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back from alice,my buddy Mike and me fished all day we were on water first thing. we ended up boating 13, 5 keepers over 10 inches, 8 were right on line of 9 but better to just let em back for another chance at spawning. We caught them in 25 foot of water close to cover around 10 foot down, on red sparkel micro tube tiped with minnow under bobbers.All caught around 9am then they shook us and we caught small small mouths the rest of the time. I wish i had a fish finder.Thats all for now.
    "It is not what we have that will make us a great nation; it is the way in which we use it." Theodore Roosevelt

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yah someone stole licence plate off trailer at boat launch so if ya go, try to bolt your plate on real good had to make police report with dep sheriff.

Post Thanks / Like

that sucks that someone would steal the plate off your trailer. Where is Lake Alice? The only lake I ever fish at in WNY is Silver Lake. Curious to learn some other sport out that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Lake Alice is also called Water port Reservoir, it is a runoffof the Erie canal and is dammed just above Keg creek. It is in water port NY ,inI believe Orleans county. Deep Water, My uncle told me I used to go there a lotwith my grandfather when I was around 4. And he said that was one of his spotsto get buckets of em,so im going to spend some time there as well as Chautauqualake. Also fyi i dont know how the salmon and trout runs are where you are but Keg creek is also a great salmon and trout fisherie.

Post Thanks / Like

If you search bill hilts in my county he has the fishingreport in my area. I hope this is not advertising.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jay View Post
    If you search bill hilts in my county he has the fishingreport in my area. I hope this is not advertising.
    Nah, you're good.

I'm in Northern Cayuga County, just a quick drive from Fair Haven. 30 minutes to Oswego and just under an hour to Pulaski. I try to avoid the big rivers for salmon and hit some of the much lesser known ones.

even though they don't stock them, there end up being fish running up pretty near every runoff ditch that feeds the lake. runs get bigger each year as there are more natural-spawned fish out of these little creeks. sure beats dealing with elbow-to-elbow snaggers on the big tribs.

Post Thanks / Like

Growing up in Oswego I'll tell ya I was SHOCKED more than once at where I have seen Salmon run.

Post Thanks / Like

I hear ya there is alot of tight liner's on the peirs.Name:  new picts 001.jpg
Views: 4518
Size:  43.6 KBThis was caught in wilson harbor, I got it on a glow in the dark cleo, that is my buddy Mike holding it cuz my left hand had stiches in it from a carbon arrow. I love catching em in deep water.