PDA

View Full Version : Color for sun glasses which is the best, comments

rocket rich
09-05-2012, 07:56 AM
l'VE BEEN TOLD THAT GREY IS BEST FOR FISHING, BUT I'VE ALWAYS WORE THE DARK COLOR, NOW GETTING NEW GLASSES AND WHAT COLOR IS BEST:bash

Mrs. Crappie Stalker
09-05-2012, 08:58 AM
I wear dark gray ones when the sun is really bright, but my favorite is amber. Outstanding clarity.

deathb4disco
09-05-2012, 09:22 AM
I think it depends. I saw KVD talking about this on one of the bass shows. He had several different color lenses in the boat with him at all times. He swapped out pairs as conditions changed.

Idunno
09-05-2012, 09:23 AM
From what I've heard and read, amber is suppose to be the best for your eyes/vision. I do not own any, however. I make due with dark lenses.

G.Gordon
09-05-2012, 09:24 AM
Amber, but this is like asking what is the best truck.

eagle 1
09-05-2012, 09:50 AM
buy the cheaper ones, the good ones seem to like to swim . never had a pair come back either .:biggrin

BulldogBruce
09-05-2012, 11:14 PM
l'VE BEEN TOLD THAT GREY IS BEST FOR FISHING, BUT I'VE ALWAYS WORE THE DARK COLOR, NOW GETTING NEW GLASSES AND WHAT COLOR IS BEST:bash

My wife has been in the optical business for 25 years. I get by with 2 colors in polarized lenses. I have the Costa Blue Mirror for sunny days and and Maui HT pair of Maui Jim's for overcast and early and late in the day. You can go to either the Maui Jim website or Costa website and they have real good info on the lens colors.

You can adopt this info to other brands and price points.

Xpress Fishing
09-06-2012, 01:00 AM
I have the costa 580 glass lens in green mirror and they are by far the best glasses I have had. The clarity and what you can see with them both on land and on water will amaze you. They are polarized and try them on in store but save your self a hundred bucks or so and buy the ones you like on eBay. Just my 2 cents

NeonMoon
09-06-2012, 03:34 AM
The few times I got out this summer, I wore a Welding Helmet...:tongue

slabbandit
09-06-2012, 05:21 AM
For the money, I like the amber ones I find at Academy Sports with 2.0 bi-focals for tying lures. 22 bucks I think.

arkcrappie
09-06-2012, 06:04 AM
I have the costa 580 glass lens in green mirror and they are by far the best glasses I have had. The clarity and what you can see with them both on land and on water will amaze you. They are polarized and try them on in store but save your self a hundred bucks or so and buy the ones you like on eBay. Just my 2 cents

I wear Oakley's that I bought on Ebay. I got them for half price. The other thing I did was by aftermarket lens on Ebay. Got those for around $20. All total, I have a pair of Monster Dogs by Oakley with liquid metal lens and only have $95 in them.

Ebay is the way to go

shipahoy41
09-06-2012, 06:16 AM
I love the amber ones myself.

dandeman
09-06-2012, 09:47 AM
I'm not sure which color is best but I like the amber ones. They seem to be easier on my eyes than other colors.

Big H trucking
09-06-2012, 02:51 PM
Costa 580 best on market for fishing and on water glare

CRoberts
09-06-2012, 06:45 PM
I've been wearing Serengeti Drivers for the past 24 years, and I can't see switching for anything else. They have an amber lense that filters out the haze and glare in any condition. I can see farther down the highway in fog, rain, or snow with them than without. I can also see deeper in the water when fishing. These were recommended to me by a lady at a sunglasses store when I was looking to buy ray-bans. She told me she would be glad to sell me ray-bans, but if I would try the serengetis she was confident they would sell themselves. She was right. In the past 24 years I have owned only one other brand, and that was for a non glass lens for softball. You can occasionally find the Serengeti drivers on clearence sale at wal-mart for as low as $20. Otherwise I've paid from $40-$80, depending on style, store, or time of year.

huntinslabs
09-06-2012, 08:20 PM
I like green mirror/amber lens sight fishing and blue mirror/grey lens offshore.

RetiredRR
09-06-2012, 08:38 PM
Hey NeonMoon, have you tried amber in that welding helmet?
I like amber for everything, just haven't tried the welding helmet yet...:Rofl
Ain't sayin' I won't either.

Hanr3
09-06-2012, 09:47 PM
Color depends on the conditions.
Amber for early morning, later evening, overcast days- Amber enhances the remaining light so you can see dark areas better.
Grey is the standard for bright sun.
Mirrored for high reflections- driving, looking into the rising/setting sun.
Polarized in all cases.

I wear perscription glasses. Fortunately, my company covers a bulk of the costs, especially for safety glasses. For fishing, I use a pair of grey polarized, wrap around with side shield, safety glasses, and love them.