Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rod holders on the boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod holders on the boat

Ok here is a few pics of the rod holders mounted on the 17ft boat.
    One of them only has 2 holders on it now. Will add the others soon.

PEte
    Attached Images Attached Images    

PGottshall Guest

I have the same rod holders, & have one warning for you - make sure you're screwing into something substantial. I tripped over it once, & it ripped right out of the plywood deck in my Bass Tracker.

I'll probably mount it to a 1"x4" & mount that to the floor next time.

Paul
    Last edited by PGottshall; 11-27-2004 at 02:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PGottshall
    I have the same rod holders, & have one warning for you - make sure you're screwing into something substantial. I tripped over it once, & it ripped right out of the plywood deck in my Bass Tracker.

I'll probably mount it to a 1"x4" & nount that to the floor next time.

Paul
    Mine is bolted to a piece of 1/4" angle. Then that has 2 5/16" bolts holding that to the Track on the side of the boat. It may bend but should never break off. Also the top piece is bolted on with a 1/2" bolt and the 1/2" bolt is run through 1/2" conduit pipe.
    I try to over build stuf hate to have it fail on me.

PEte

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohRed
    Ok here is a few pics of the rod holders mounted on the 17ft boat.
    One of them only has 2 holders on it now. Will add the others soon.

PEte
    Looks Great! I can see that your about ready to have alot of fun!..............treepotato

Post Thanks / Like

I like your ideal !! Looks like your ready to fish !!!!! Big Mike
    Fish all you can, You can work anytime !!!! Big Mike :cool:

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default rod holders

C:\Documents and Settings\papasage10\My Docu
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Default do you have?

any way to adjust those things vertically? i havent physically looked at them, but it looks to me like your front pole will be sticking a pretty good ways up out of the water with the angle that's been put on that holder.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abarkley
    any way to adjust those things vertically? i havent physically looked at them, but it looks to me like your front pole will be sticking a pretty good ways up out of the water with the angle that's been put on that holder.
    Hi Shiloh,
    abarkley has a point there. After looking at the pictures a little closer I don't see any way to adjust vertically. Others that I know (including myself) prefer to keep the rod tips around 8-12" out of the water. It seems to keep the presentation at a better vertical angle and bites are easier to detect. Also as the boat hits waves from other boaters or the wind it gives the rod tips a subtle bouncing action that the crappie just can't resist. My rodholders are tightened to a 13" 2x4 by a bolt & nut, so all you have to do is loosen or tighten the nut and slide the rodholder to the desired position. I see your using driftmaster rodholders which are good strong holders but they don't move vertically. You may be able to come up with something that will let you pivot the entire angle piece up and down vertically allowing all four holders to move at the same time. I am interested what you decide, please keep us posted........treepotato

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i tried to post a pick of mine but it didnt work. havent got that far into it yet . . i have some i made from 6 inch p v c pipe workes great . made a holder rack from a crome dress rack . it is strong and easley removable .papasage
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

its a good looking setup but with no verticle adjustemnts, what are you gonna do for that? on my boat im constantly movin rod holders from one place to another, depending on how we planning on fishing that day. so depending on the locations on the boat some have to have different verticle adjustments. my holders was made out of 1/2 inch galvanized water pipe and i used 1/4 in bolts to mount the flange to the rod box with a metal plate behind each flange to prevent any pullouts. im enclosing a photo of one rack.
    Last edited by rango; 12-19-2008 at 06:46 AM.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast