Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Done day before it started

Post Thanks / Like

Default Done day before it started

Looked like the rain was gonna hold off for a bit this morning so we decided we'd head to Missy for a few hours and see how things were.
    Got up a little before 7 and got dressed...headed out and the wife helped me get backed up to the boat and get hitched up...then we uncovered the boat and I did a walk-around to make sure all looked ok...yep, looks good.

Out of the drive in record time!

But wait, I left the ratchet straps for the cover hanging on the back end...I walked back and got them put away and headed back to the truck...then sumthin caught my eye.
    I look at the Lowrance on the bow and it's turned on...prolly just hit the button while taking the cover off...better make sure.
    I go get the boat keys and stick them in the ignition and just gonna see if the motor turns over...it did...for about 2 seconds and then it was dead.

Fishin trip over in record time.....

Post Thanks / Like

Happens to the best of us!!!!!!!!!!!! You will get them next time.
    G & G Baits Ice Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I have had similar situation, but my batteries were fully charged...I just forgot the keys to the boat :-( so I put the trolling motor to the test.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah that was a good one polecat. lmao

dave, they probably werent biting anyhow bro.

Post Thanks / Like

Better to notice it at home than on yhe ramp. I had that happen a couple of times, then its buy batt or waist gas. You'll get'em next time
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bass fisherman turned slab fisherman.

Post Thanks / Like

Thought about just using the trolling motor...but I didn't charge the batteries since the weekend was supposed to be a "total washout" according to the weatherman.
    I usually charge them as soon as I get home but didn't do it for some reason last weekend.

I am glad that I found it at home instead of when we launched the boat!!

Cranking batt and TM batts are fully charged now and ready to go!! Put a slow charge on the cranking batt all day.

I'll try again next weekend! My weekends are counting down though since we'll be in the fields soon.

Thanks for the encouraging words though fellas.

Post Thanks / Like

probably too many drunks out on the water anyway, due to it being a holiday an all...you were definitely better off at home.
    Roaming the banks of the Kankakee River and anywhere else fish might lurk.

Post Thanks / Like

drunk in a boat in indiana! how pin headed would you have to be! lol i dont even drink when i pull my boat. everyone knows fishermen are all drunkerds

Post Thanks / Like

If it will make you feel any better. My nephew and his wife went sunday all day, they really caught a lot. 45 crappie and 10 nice gills. It was overcast and they tore them up.
    My wife and I went monday to the same lake, same spot, same bait and caught nothing, clear bluebird skys. Jeez never seen anyone on the lake catch a fish. Go figure.
    I keep my batteries on charger all the time. Can't remember the name of charger (minnkota ?) this is the way you are supposed to keep yours batts charged. Just have to check water in batts once a month, keep distilled water on hand.
    Fishy Fishy in da brook, come bite on Grandpa's hook!