Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing Fathers Day

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing Fathers Day

I'm going to be in Springfield, MO area this weekend. Does anyone have a good crappie lake to recommend? Any tips, I'm used to Illinois dirtier water, don't know what to expect.
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Beagleman had a posting from 6/8
    "hit stockton wed. thursday. did well both days 14keepers wed. 15thursday fished from 10am. to 2pm fished flats by the bridge piers. drifting jigs/minnows seemed to hit one as well as the other 14ft. on white1/32 and red/blue/white 1/32 just let it drift then rais or move it a little them wham. another crappie nothing close to the piers. all were out "

Stockton is more of a stained lake like the ones in Illinois. Table Rock is a deep, clear water reservoir with Big Crappies, but are harder to catch. If you try Table Rock. Cape Fair has been the best for me North of 76 Bridge. Crappie are in the Standing Timber 12 to 15 ft down. Minnows on slip bobbers will work. Typically a good idea to keep moving. For some reason the crappies spook after one or two fish are taken in the clearer water.

Good Luck.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

I've been doing pretty well on Pomme de Terre lately, halfway back into a major cove, find where mud flats, submerged timber, and secondary rocky points / bluffs all convene, and you should find something . . . good mess of black and white crappie and a 6 lb walleye Saturday . . . crappie and a muskie yesterday, about took my hand off. Tube-jigs and deep cranks, something to get between 8 and 20 feet, have been my go-to lures . . . I think drifting a jig would work, too. Good luck, hope you get a good mess
    Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
    Thoreau

Post Thanks / Like

1morecast, i really like your saying at the bottom of your post. that has been one of my favorite quotes for many years. sorry, kat, all i know about the springfield area is that it has GREAT thai food if you are into that.
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

Fryguy must be a cabelas guy.
    Or you surely would have mentioned BPS.