Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Went Last Night

Post Thanks / Like

Default Went Last Night

Not the best of conditions as storms were all around except for where I am, but still had lots of left over effect from the hurricane. The bit reasonable well, but not great. Couldn't convince my wife to hang in until the peak time even. Still I kept 11 fish total of that I caught 10. was not her night as she usually does pretty well. I just wish we could have stayed another 1 1/2 hours. Had some trow backs and used minnows and jigs which the best fish did come on the jig as always.
    Was not worth pics for me.

I did miss more then my share and maybe because I had not been in 2 months, bit it was still irritating to say the least. I had planned this for 3 weeks and that darn storm put it off one extra day and messed up the BP, plus one day earlier and would have made it into the best time and a little passed.

Oh well it was still a lot of fun and may go today just before dark and catch that late day/evening time.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Skip, Im glad you got to go and catch some keepers. I was thinking about you Thursday when I sat by the window and watched the wind blowing in Waskom.

I only fish on days of the week that end with
    a "Y" ...and then, only if it's raining or not.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Anytime you can go fishing is a great time. Glad hurricane Isaac did not damage your area much. Those fish will taste good.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

You got plenty for dinner! Niiice

Post Thanks / Like

Well ya finally got out, got some fish I'd call that a good trip!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! Yes it was fun, but maybe should have waited them out a little longer, but my wife had already been doing a little wining for a couple hours so just gave up.

It always seems to work out that the bigger fish get caught on the jigs too which I love. I did lose a couple at the surface too which I don't usually do much. Main thing is we had fun except for the wind which could have been a little less and it changed directions completely opposite at some point which made me tie the front of the boat to a different stump because it blew me off the spot they were biting.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You're doing better than me on several fronts. First, the wife doesn't do the water. And second. the available time to time able to fish stinks lately. Glad to hear you got time to go, you don't get out near enough. I'm gonna have to go run the boat to get the old gas out of it.