Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New to Crappie

Mgresham Guest

Default New to Crappie

Hey folks new to the board and crappie fishing, I normally fish Clark hill and the savannah river. Would like to know any tips on winter patterns for the lake and the river. Also would like to know if it is legal to put trees in the water and where are the best places to put them for summer and winter fishing.

Thanks

Mgresham.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Mgresham welcom to the site and when you fish clarck hill post your report it would be apreciated by all that fish there .all working folk cant go regular and if the un regular fishermen and women will post then we all can know a little more wher and when to fish .http://georgiawildlife.dnr.state.ga....117&txtPage=13

try this link .i havent fished that lake but this site will give you some info on the lake
    retired and now i will always fish

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

try this site .it is on georgia rivers there are a lot of savannah river fishermen on here . http://www.georgiariverfishing.com/ papasage
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Trees

Hello Mgresham, Welcome to georgia crappie.com. We are happy to have you aboard. I don't know the answer about the trees as far as it is legal or not. I would check with the Ga. DNR. are you going to drop them from the bank into the water? I would think this is what you are going to do. Better check on getting the ok to cut down the tree's. but once you have done this look for a bank with deep water running close to the bank. My thoughts are on the river where the bank drops off steep in a bend. I have seen places like this on the river where trees have piled up when the water was high . Go to the main board and pull up all the post you find from crappie pappy and you will learn a lot from him and others. don't be afraid to ask questions, Good fishing! Jimmy S.

Mgresham Guest

Thanks for the replies. Im planning on putting out Christmas trees, begining of the next year. I wouldnt think of cutting down trees since they are a source of food for the fish bugs etc.

Jimmy I work in savannah during the week do you know of any places I can fish for fresh water fish.