Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mercury

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mercury

Name:  001.jpg
Views: 1849
Size:  63.6 KBWell I traded my Rude in for a Mercury 115 Pro xs seems like it has more power. Once you go Black Never Go Back!!! LOL
    Cabelas, Crappie Magnet, Jenko Fishing, Cumberland Crappie , Slabanator Jigs, and Pure Crappie Tackle.
    Timscatchingcrappie.com

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by t.slabseeker View Post
Size:  63.6 KBWell I traded my Rude in for a Mercury 115 Pro xs seems like it has more power. Once you go Black Never Go Back!!! LOL
    When I fished tournaments back in the day, spent more time broke down when I drew a partner with a Mercury motor. Local mechanic called them welfare motors''black and won't work'' . Hope this don't offend anyone but that wa his say'n not mine. I run Yamaha motors now but favorite I ever owned was a Johnson outboard.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Use to be Johnson/Evinrude guy to the end and probably couldn't have given me a Merc, but at some point they lost it as the very best. For many years Merc had the rep as the fastest and Johnson and Evinrude we known as the work horses and just kept going.

Had a friend that has a master mechanic and been so school for about all the major brands. Back in the late 1990's Yamaha was the best by far, but have not seen or talked to him since then. I do like my Merc and have had no trouble at all. I did have one from 1996 that was a 200 and ran great, but when I put my boat on the trailer I had to make sure to put it on fast enough to get all the way on and if it stopped before getting all the way to the bumper, had to back off and do it again. This was because it had no low end at all and didn't have enough to take the stopped boat and push it all the way up from a stopped position. I know some had this problem back then, but all tat got fixed and think they are pretty good motors or I wouldn't have one now.

So congrats on your new motor and I bet you will be happy with it!

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still running my 1985 115hp 6 cyl. Merc. like a rented mule. The thing is bullet proof.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu View Post
    Use to be Johnson/Evinrude guy to the end and probably couldn't have given me a Merc, but at some point they lost it as the very best. For many years Merc had the rep as the fastest and Johnson and Evinrude we known as the work horses and just kept going.

Had a friend that has a master mechanic and been so school for about all the major brands. Back in the late 1990's Yamaha was the best by far, but have not seen or talked to him since then. I do like my Merc and have had no trouble at all. I did have one from 1996 that was a 200 and ran great, but when I put my boat on the trailer I had to make sure to put it on fast enough to get all the way on and if it stopped before getting all the way to the bumper, had to back off and do it again. This was because it had no low end at all and didn't have enough to take the stopped boat and push it all the way up from a stopped position. I know some had this problem back then, but all tat got fixed and think they are pretty good motors or I wouldn't have one now.

So congrats on your new motor and I bet you will be happy with it!
    skip sounds like you needed a prop change and it would have fixed the problem
    team member

of the 2011 winners of the c.d.c. lake hartwell fall fest

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by t.slabseeker View Post
    I have been well pleased with my 115 Evinrude E-Tec and 4 blade stainless prop on my 18ft CrappieMaster. Evinrude/UK blue would have looked real good on that blue boat. Hope you have excellent results and good fishing times with the Merc.

Post Thanks / Like

X2, ericsat!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Well I traded my Rude in for a Mercury 115 Pro xs seems like it has more power. Once you go Black Never Go Back!!! LOL
    Wait til you try a Yamaha four stroke, your opinion might change.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 40hp merc four stroke for seven years and i love it, it hasnt given me any problem.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast