Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need new (comfortable!) boat seats. Any suggestions?!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need new (comfortable!) boat seats. Any suggestions?!

I've been researching for a few days to find some comfortable seats for my bass tracker pro17 i just purchased. I was set on the Tempress Navistyle high backs but a lot of people say the back sits too far forward causing back aches. Now i'm looking at the cheaper Wise Premium high backs. My budget is about $250-$300 for 2 seats including mounting hardware (i need two swivel bases with pedestal mount). I plan to buy two seats for now so i'll be moving them from behind the console to the fishing decks as needed until i buy two more.

There's often times when i'll fish for 6+ hours, i weigh around 230 (and dropping) so i'm looking for the most comfort for the price.

jigflinger is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Tempress! Great seats. You can get the high backs for around $100 or the low backs for around $90. High backs are $99 at Academy Sports.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

I put some Tempress Hi-backs on my Tracker PT175 (fishing seats only) and like it 'em alot. Comfy for a half day of fishing for me (normal trip for me), it does take a bit of time in the saddle to get use to them, but they are comfy and provide alot more support than the OEM's. I used the OEM bases w/o issue and got 'em at Academy for $99/ea.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought a Wise big man boat seat from walmart.com for $44.00 with free shipping. they only had two colors left when I got mine but one was the color that I needed. The same seat was $89.00 at BPS

Post Thanks / Like

You ain't gonna like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jignjim43 View Post
    I just bought a Wise big man boat seat from walmart.com for $44.00 with free shipping. they only had two colors left when I got mine but one was the color that I needed. The same seat was $89.00 at BPS
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

wise bigman
    CRAPPIE fishing is not a sport, its a way of life!

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jigflinger View Post
    Tempress! Great seats. You can get the high backs for around $100 or the low backs for around $90. High backs are $99 at Academy Sports.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    I have the low back Tempress navi style seats. Would not want anything else my self.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

I'm 220 and own 4 of the Tempress navi style high back. I've never had any back trouble from being in my boat all day many days a year. I don't think they "sit forward" as much as other cheaper seats built weaker on the backs tend to "lean back". I'm fishing and don't want a recliner. The Tempress is extremely comfortable to me and the best purchase I've made for the boat other than Billbobs old Merc to push her around.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry