Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fishing Hot Spots-Eastern

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Fishing Hot Spots-Eastern

I have been trying out the new version with my Garmin 76S and it gets better every day. One major question. Is there any way to tie my GPS to a larger screen,old laptop or etc,so I can see it better?
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default gps

Quote Originally Posted by DonG
    I have been trying out the new version with my Garmin 76S and it gets better every day. One major question. Is there any way to tie my GPS to a larger screen,old laptop or etc,so I can see it better?
    If you find a way let me know, just got a gps76s ----never thought about reading it ,I,m to old to read those small # and letters ,but it sure is a real piece of work
    perchjerker
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

If you have the fishing hotspot maps on the gps, they had to be loaded from a computer. Or are they coming preloaded now? I have a garmin legend and the previous version of the hotspot maps. It came with a cable that plugs in the back of the computer and then in the gps. This way you can upload waypoints and maps to the gps. And then download your way points that you created while fishing back on to the computer.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TAE73
    If you have the fishing hotspot maps on the gps, they had to be loaded from a computer. Or are they coming preloaded now? I have a garmin legend and the previous version of the hotspot maps. It came with a cable that plugs in the back of the computer and then in the gps. This way you can upload waypoints and maps to the gps. And then download your way points that you created while fishing back on to the computer.
    I have downloaded the lakes I fish to the GPS. What I want to do now is have a screen larger than the GPS screen that I can upload to and have it on the boat with the GPS hooked up to it. Something like a DVD screen or larger.
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Ok sorry, I didn't know that you was wanting it in the boat with ya. I dont think there is much that you can do. If you take a laptop, I dont think you can get realtime locations on the laptop. The only thing that could be done is buy depthfinder/gps combo. That will allow you to view the map on those. But as you know the bigger the screen on the depthfinder usually the more money they are. It does suck that the gps screens are so small, you cant get the detail that you want unless you are zoomed in to a small area.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

You can connect a handheld GPS to the Humminbird Matrix units - http://www.humminbird.com/products.asp?ID=482
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello Don

A belated Happy Thanksgiving. I have a Garmin 12 GPS handheld which I can hook into my laptop and use with a TopoUSA program, or a Rand McNally roadmap program. It's pretty neat as I can be driving down the road with the GPS tracking my position right on top of the map. Each program I have has a setting where it accepts input from the GPS. I imagine you can preview the fishing hot spots maps on your computer before downloading them to the GPS. See if there is a tools or option bar on your fishing hot spots program where it allows you to tie in a GPS. You would need a cable that connects the GPS to the computer. I recently bought a used Garmin 128 fixed mount GPS for my boat. There's no mapping on it, but the bigger screen sure is nice for the old eyes if you know what I mean. I can mark waypoints and plot routes, it just doesn't show shorelines or anything. I'll sometimes bring my laptop with the mapping program with me, that way when I mark waypoints and I can save them to the mapping program for future reference. I was going to invest in a new fixed mount for my boat that has the hot spots capability, but the Hot Spots maps don't cover many of the small lakes I visit. Yesterday morning I awoke to 58 degrees at 7:00 AM, by 8:00AM there was heavy rain with thunder and lightning. Then by 2:00 PM it had changed to a light blowing snow. We had an overnite low of 26 degrees and a light covering of snow this morning. Had to break a half inch of ice off my outside minnow tub. I guess I'd better get the minnow tub inside soon or dump them in my pond. I finally got hooked up with a job working for the state highway dept which will be full time temp till about May 1st, so I may be putting the boat away for the winter by the end of this week. The wife and I had a nice day on the river last week and got 3 nice walleye which provided us with 2 nice meals. Crappie waters will be freezing over soon and I ain't one for that HARD water fishing! Let me know if you find any setting for tying the GPS to the laptop. I would surely think they'd give you that option. PS Never heard about that earring tradition, of course I was one of those airdale Navy guys! LOL

PGottshall Guest

I have the Hot Spots central map, & a Garmin etrex Legend, & a laptop with the Mapsource software loaded.

I have it hooked to my laptop right now, & just walked outside so I can track satelites.

On the laptop screen, I see the same detail as on the GPS, & the arrow is moving around, tracking me as I walk.

SO. . . Yes, you could take a laptop in the boat to see a bigger display than on the GPS itself. Just keep it dry!

Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Boy I hope I did not mess up. I have the 76-c on the way (Wed) sure hope i can see the screen on it.
    If you find a way let me know. Also looking forward to getting the GPS. This will be the first one for me. And also the first one I have ever gotten to see in person. Any pointers you guy's can give me?
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gps

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohRed
    Boy I hope I did not mess up. I have the 76-c on the way (Wed) sure hope i can see the screen on it.
    If you find a way let me know. Also looking forward to getting the GPS. This will be the first one for me. And also the first one I have ever gotten to see in person. Any pointers you guy's can give me?
    Pete
    If you need to wear glasses for reading, I'd say you are going to need them to read the GPS. I just wear glasses for reading, so it was a pain getting the glasses on just to see the screen. I went with a Garmin 128 fixed mount that has a much larger screen. I bought it used and it doesn't have the mapping capabilities, but it saves my waypoints and routes. Works for me!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast