Thread: Bad Day For Someone On Mississinewa

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bad Day For Someone On Mississinewa

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta wear those life jackets.

Post Thanks / Like

doh! thats some wave action!

Post Thanks / Like

first of all let me say "I won't get in my boat without my life jacket". The real question is would a life jacket have helped him before he got his foot un-trapped from whatever it was caught in? Just saying that if his foot wasn't caught in something he probably wouldn't have went down in the first place. Just another reason to keep your boat tidy and keep unused gear stowed AND your life jacket on. He's very fortunate that he got his foot out and made it to the surface.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Wow!!!!!!!!! Glad he is alive to tell the story. It just goes to show that things can go terribly wrong in a hurry. Sometimes, no matter how prepared we think we are, the unexpected happens. A set of circumstances were put into motion in this case and a tragedy nearly happened. Sounds to me like the biggest factor was way too much weight in the back of a small craft.
    G & G Baits Ice Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

None of the COE lakes are compatible with a 12 foot fishing boat. There is no splash well on the back to catch a wave.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rico View Post
    Wow!!!!!!!!! Glad he is alive to tell the story. It just goes to show that things can go terribly wrong in a hurry. Sometimes, no matter how prepared we think we are, the unexpected happens. A set of circumstances were put into motion in this case and a tragedy nearly happened. Sounds to me like the biggest factor was way too much weight in the back of a small craft.
    I agree. Sounds like he was lucky this time.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raporter View Post
    None of the COE lakes are compatible with a 12 foot fishing boat. There is no splash well on the back to catch a wave.
    It would be fine at Huntington. But you are right there are a lot of lakes where you need a bigger and better craft. I have been guilty of it myself quite a few times. A 12 ft boat does not work well when there are white caps on Summit! Hell it doesnt work well at Winona with all the skiiers out there. Probably wasnt the first time he had been out in that boat there, but it very well probably was his last.
    G & G Baits Ice Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

There was a ole boy yesterday on missy in a 12' flatbottom and only a trolling motor. I see small boats all the time out there. People are Crazy!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Big brother is always looking for more laws to come up with. I can see it now. No more 12ft boats or smaller on large bodies of water.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast