Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with my depth finder

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help with my depth finder

I was trying to program my depth finder before heading to the water for the first time in my new boat. I got the bow mounted depthfinder to come on and didnt have trouble programming it. I couldnt get my helm mounted depthfinder to come on. Does the motor have to be running to operate this one, I wouldnt think it would have to be. Do you think it might be fused in with the cranking switch or something, I'm confused.

Post Thanks / Like

Default D/f

Crappieseeker, It very well could be tied into your ignition switch. Just turn the motor ignition on long enough to see if it works that way. I think you mentioned your boat has an Optimax engine which I know has a computer. I wouldn't want to leave the ignition on for a long period of time without the engine running, but it wouldn't hurt for the minute it takes to test the D/F. If it is tied into the ignition switch and you would rather have it available to use while the engine isn't running, you could just rewire the hot wire to the battery or the anchor light switch. The anchor light switch has power to it at all times. Just make sure it is fused. I know alot of guys, myself included, don't use the kill switch that clips to your belt. Might be a good idea to use that if you are a new boater as that rig of your's should smoke with the 90 on it. When are you gonna get it wet? Let's hear some reports and see some pictures!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm gonna get it wet today. I'll be heading out shortly. It has a 10 hour break in period, so it will be a while before I can let everyone know the full performance of the boat. Thanks for the infor

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

CS, do you have an ACC switch? Perhaps it needs to be on.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I tried the ACC switch, it didnt work. Thanks though

Post Thanks / Like

Default Master Switch

My boat has a master switch on the console. When off the console (rear) mounted depth finder has no power.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine has that same switch on the consel. My bowmount finder wont even come on if the switch isn't on. Dont forget to shut it off when you're done for the day or it will drain your battery.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont know what the problem was, it all of the sudden just started working, I went out for about the fourth time and just hit the power button and it came on. I havent had trouble with it since.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep,welcome to boat ownership.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker
    I dont know what the problem was, it all of the sudden just started working, I went out for about the fourth time and just hit the power button and it came on. I havent had trouble with it since.
    That's it? First time out in your new boat and no other comments? Come on, spill the beans, how was it, or are you still out there trying to get the 10 hours break in on the motor? I hope that rig gives you many years of enjoyable service.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast