Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bimini tops

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bimini tops

Am thinking about getting one. Anyone have one and what is the best height to have. pros/cons. Will be putting in on a 17' ranger cherokee
    A person should learn something new every day!

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one on my Statos 176. It's great to get out of the sun and take a break on those hot summer days. It folds down on the deck right in front of the motor and I forget it's there. Mine has a cover over it that you have to unzip to open the top. It's quick to put up and down with only two straps with snaps that need to be hook up. My fear would be that in the up position it would catch a lot of air and slow the speed of the boat. That is not the case at all, at top end I might lose a MPH or two but I never run at top speed anyway. Mine is high to where I can stand under it while on the deck. It's not much use in a downpour but is great in keeping the sun off. I hope this helps.

"gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have one on a 17.5 bass tracker,mine is low and is good in rain ,we both fish from front and have a unbrellar up front inbetween seats that we put it in old center seat hole. I did not want mine on the gunwall so I got one that fits just inside of gunwall and it do not stick up higher than gunwall when down for when some that fish in back can shoot under docks without it being in their way. I also put a wrap around windsheild with center open up then vilcrow plastic strip from top to windshield that can be put on it and keep out wind ,cold and rain,I and wife love it and can fish in most all weather mostly comforable
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, by the way, you want to see where you want to mount it and measure from there to where you want it to lay and that will help determine the length of rods. Too long and it lands on motor and too short and will not get over or pass back seat. Take a stick or something and put it where you want to mount it and stand it up, then hold the bottom at that spot and let top of stick down and measure distance to where you want it to go
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply
    A person should learn something new every day!

Post Thanks / Like

I have one on my Tracker. It comes on or off in a jiffy. I only use it when it is really hot. Make sure you get one tall enough to stand under, makes it a lot more confortable and easier to move around.
    Here is where I ordered mine: Bimini tops, bayliner bimini tops,boston whaler bimini tops,sea ray bimini tops They are located here in SC but they ship everywhere and have excellent service.
    SeaRay
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

I have one on my walk thru and love it. It is a stand up one and can move around under it with no problem. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

My top is just like SeaRay. They're nice for pulling baits, but if if you're fishing is done on the front deck, you'll be wet and burnt. It is a welcome relief to have that shade if you can stay under it.