Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What rod should I get?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What rod should I get?

Lookin' through Cabela's and saw the long ultralight jigpoles. should I get one of these or is there any advantage over a normal canepole for working brush?

Post Thanks / Like

I would get either a outlaw or ozark rod. You can use them for jigging and at the same time you can cast a slip flost rig or a tandem rig well with them too. I would recommend a 10'.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Get you one of them Cadillac combos.
    Let Em' Land!

Post Thanks / Like

I have Wally Marshalls,Sam Heaton,Outlaw & Bucks Graphite Jig Poles. All good. The Bucks is my favorite. Throw a jig & pencil bobber easily. Just caught 50 fish (Crappie,White Perch,Yellow Perch,Pumpkinseed & a 2lb. Bass) in 3 hrs this evening tightlining. 10 ft. model.

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie wizard rods for me, I have them all and the Wizzards are the best.... Go to www.crappiewizard.com

Post Thanks / Like

I have 4-14ft wally marshalls & love them, I did have one break on me the first time out & I took it back to BPS & they exchanged it without a hitch & I didnt have any receipts, as I came straight from the fishing hole.

I have heard great things about many poles Crappy Wizards, B'n'M, Wally Marshalls, St.croix, but I think it is whatever you feel most comfortable with, as everybody has a favorite pole for one reason or another.

hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

CMAC...Try that 3 years after you bought it...

The Ugly Stick Crappie Rod is the BEST, strongest, longeset warranty rod I have ever used/seen/owned...6 year warranty, unbreakable tip (unless you slam it in your trunk or something)...I catch some serious hawgs that those 12' and 14' poles won't land as easy as my 10' UGLY STICKS

Post Thanks / Like

sac-a-lait, How sensative is the Ugly-Stick? Have you ever had trouble with the reel falling off with the slide on mounts?

Post Thanks / Like

hopefully I dont have to... Where do you get them ugly sticks at, can you get them at BPS or Academy sports???
    Also, what do they go for price wise might have to look at a few of these, as you know you can never have enough rods :D

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Hightek ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hightekrednek
    sac-a-lait, How sensative is the Ugly-Stick? Have you ever had trouble with the reel falling off with the slide on mounts?
    Don't know anything about Ugly's, or their sensitivity ... but -

there's no reason for any reel to "fall off" a rod with slide on mounts ... that's what they make electricians tape for :D (cheap substitute for "rod wrap tape") AND ... electricians tape comes in colors, too - so you can "color coordinate" your wrapping, if you've a mind to
    I use elec. tape to secure my spinning reels to their rod handle mounts ... even the screw-on ones !! I have a Browning/Lew's spinning rod, that has a graphite Tenn Handle (no cork, no foam, & no reel mounts of any kind) ... and the reel is taped on with elec. tape.
    Electricians tape also makes for a more comfortable grip, when holding a spinning rod (with reel foot between the fingers) ... no edges, or exposed threads to deal with :p ... LOL!! ....... cp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast