Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Question for who might know?

Etowah, Tn. foothills to the Smokey Mountains
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Question for who might know?

I've noticed as of late that a lot of my plastic baits(colors) are fading. Is this nomal? Has it to do with sunlight? Or is heat a factor? I had several (Lake Fork Baits) bought this past spring,especially the pink whick is now nearly white.

Post Thanks / Like

Usually that is a result of water getting in the bag somehow. Unless your storing them in direct sunlight or adding something that is reacting with the colors. I add a bit of mineral oil and anise extract to my bags and have not had any problems yet. Gonna watch this one as I would like to see the reason it is happening as well.

Etowah, Tn. foothills to the Smokey Mountains
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply. I've not had any wet to my knowledge. I bring my box in the house when I put the boat in the shed.

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully the guy from LFT will see and give ya some answers, I am curious also.

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I only carry a few plastic tubes in the boat.The rest are stored in the dark inside my air conditioned office.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Sunlight and conditioners are what I've been told
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat

jackie53 is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Water and heat fades on some plastics!!! Back in my Tour Bass fishing days a friend made tubes under his carport he has his own companty today.He was experminting with different colors.This was the days of uncle josh pork frogs and eels.I had empited a jar.I put a couple of gitizts or tubes he had given me to try in the jar.These were the days of draw tour.We drew a different fishing buddy each tour or if two days we drew diffrent buddies for each day.We fished a two day tour on our local lake. We got to our spot to fish and their set the jar of gitizts or tubes in the jar.I got one out to use on ten casts to our spot I caught 7 largemouth bass that weighed a little over 19.00 lbs my buddy casting to the same spot with a tube that had not been in the jar caught nothing just thought it was my lucky day.Went to the same spot the next day witha different partener caught 17.00 lb of bass my partener caught nothing with a regular gitzit or tube we knew something was different. Feeling bad I gave him one "my partener" one tube or gitzit out of the jar he caught 10.00 lb it was time to weigh in.We got to expermenting and found we could put the tubes or any plastic in the jar of' brin or salt and water" leave it over night it would start breaking down the plastic like pickle juice.Still use these today.Give this a try on your local lake when fishing is tough!!!!
    John 3:16
    Blessed to have as many friends as fingers on your hand is a blessing!!!
    "Gone fish'n not wish'n"
    In God We Trust.
    Can God trust us.

Post Thanks / Like

Some of the faded colors produce fish the best!!
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jackie53 View Post
    Water and heat fades on some plastics!!! Back in my Tour Bass fishing days a friend made tubes under his carport he has his own companty today.He was experminting with different colors.This was the days of uncle josh pork frogs and eels.I had empited a jar.I put a couple of gitizts or tubes he had given me to try in the jar.These were the days of draw tour.We drew a different fishing buddy each tour or if two days we drew diffrent buddies for each day.We fished a two day tour on our local lake. We got to our spot to fish and their set the jar of gitizts or tubes in the jar.I got one out to use on ten casts to our spot I caught 7 largemouth bass that weighed a little over 19.00 lbs my buddy casting to the same spot with a tube that had not been in the jar caught nothing just thought it was my lucky day.Went to the same spot the next day witha different partener caught 17.00 lb of bass my partener caught nothing with a regular gitzit or tube we knew something was different. Feeling bad I gave him one "my partener" one tube or gitzit out of the jar he caught 10.00 lb it was time to weigh in.We got to expermenting and found we could put the tubes or any plastic in the jar of' brin or salt and water" leave it over night it would start breaking down the plastic like pickle juice.Still use these today.Give this a try on your local lake when fishing is tough!!!!
    This is very interesting info.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"