Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Spider Riggin Help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spider Riggin Help

I long line troll and was thinking that it might be a big help to learn to spider rig at certain times of the year. Need help w/ my set-up. Size weights, leader line size, main line size, speed, helpful pointers, best baits, anything to help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
    A&R JIGS - PRO STAFF
    LIGHTWIRE HOOKS - PRO STAFF

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Richard Williams Has A Article On Crappie Stuff.com
    Crappiepappy Has Had Some Posts On It Too
    Capps And Coleman [prolly The 2 Best ] Has A Book --thats What I Used To Learn How ??? Grizzly Jig .com Has The Book
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Winning Crappie Secrets, most say it's the bible of slow vertical trolling.

http://www.monstercrappie.com/Products.cfm
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Nope, sorry Frank .... not me !!

Quote Originally Posted by frank lawhead
    Richard Williams Has A Article On Crappie Stuff.com
    Crappiepappy Has Had Some Posts On It Too
    Capps And Coleman [prolly The 2 Best ] Has A Book --thats What I Used To Learn How ??? Grizzly Jig .com Has The Book

I don't do much trolling. And I've never had a pole holder on any boat I've owned.
    CrappieChappy ... you might want to use the "search" function above, and search for the words "trolling", "Pole Holder", "long lining", "spider rigging", or other related words. (use the "advanced search" format) This will bring up threads concerning the many different baits, equipment, and other such pertinent factors. ....... luck2ya ... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Here is a earlier post of mine on Trolling

Here is a run down on my system

Powerdrive trolling motor. - varible speed the key, you can easily adjust speed to the wind.

Rod Holders. - At least 3 rods per person, and 2 people sitting side by side
    I fish 4 and fishing partner fishes 4. (I can fish 8 by myself if the wind is below 5-8 mph)

Rods - I use 11' and 12' rods. w/ small bait cast type reels. they make for easy depth changes.

Hooks - I use double hook rigs. If its windy - use the ones with 3/4 ounce
    weights. If its calm 1/4. I have better luck on 1/4 but you need 3/4 to keep the bait from bouncing up and down when its windy, the poles will absorb the shock and keep the bait stable.

Anchor. - I pull a 5/8" log chain 3' foot long. Chains don't hang in the mud and on stumps. If its windy and you snag a stump with a regular anchor you might be in trouble if its rough water. seen a few boats go down after they snag up and the waves come over the back of the boat. But the main reasons for pulling a chain. 1. It holds the boat, when moving it pulls on the boat and makes it stay straight with the wind. 2. if you find a group of fish you can hold your spot on them. (you put a marker out and half the boats will fish it) Also if you hang a pole or two on a stump it will give you time to get off it, if your moving and don't work quick you can have all 8 poles in a big wad.

Tip: if you hang a stump while trolling , if you will take the pole and move around the side of the boat and pull it in the direction you came from it will
    75% time come off. If you can feel the weight moving just jig the pole up and down easy, not slaming it, it will come off 90% of the time. But fishing Reelfoot you better have exta hooks - you will need them.

Get The Net

Post Thanks / Like

Default State Rules

Better check your state laws first. Here in Ohio we can only use two rods per person.
    Crouch & Hengstler Team Vicious, Southern Pro, Crappie Pro

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Question crappiepappy

SORRY ABOUT THAT CP ---DON,T KNOW WHAT I WAS THINKIN
    YOU,VE POSTED SO MUCH GOOD STUFF --I FORGOT TO READ TO MAKE SURE
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER