Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stripers

Post Thanks / Like

Default stripers

been striper fishing for the first and second time. we used shiners and got no bites at all. just wondering if anybody has any good bait tips?
    though we didn't catch any stipers my partner did catch a big largmouth
    Last edited by slab-seeker; 06-12-2006 at 07:47 AM.
    "AM I EVER GOING TO STOP FISHING? NOT UNTIL THE DAY I DIE!"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stripers

We troll for hybrid stripe bass here in our neck of the woods. A size 12 "PET" spoon catches the fire out of them. I usually run a leader of about 5' off the rear of a crankbait and troll them behind the boat. Had days last year were we boated over 80 the biggest being 7lbs 11oz.

East TN, Douglas,Cherokee,Watuga and South Holston
    Post Thanks / Like

Here in East TN just no night stalking for crappie and you will get your belly full of them pretty quick.
    Speck

Real men troll for crappie (Here Fishy Fishy !)

Post Thanks / Like

What exactly is a "pet" spoon?
    I am interested in finding a method to catch stripers consistantly. Any help would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Look in the North Carolina Forum for any posts I made. I have provided some good tips and info.

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Maybe these guys can help you out .....

Quote Originally Posted by Redtick
    What exactly is a "pet" spoon?
    I am interested in finding a method to catch stripers consistantly. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.striper.net/tackle_lures_...pet-spoons.htm

......... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I never had much luck catching stripers on shiners. Don't know why. But if I fish the same water in the same manner with gizzard shad, I always had better luck. Most bait shops don't stock gizzard shad, but some will get them for you if you call ahead by a few days.
    Regards,
    Rowland

Post Thanks / Like

We're trolling Bandit 300 Crankbaits at just over 2-mph (by GPS) on 15-pound Berkley Big Game from 140 to 175-feet behind the boat and catching stripers up to 10-pounds, hybrids, whites, blacks and an occasional walleye - http://www.actionfishingtrips.com/pictures.htm.

Awesome Pink (thanks Jeff White) - http://www.banditlures.com/cart/prod...od=3D09&cat=17, Pearl and Black, Mango (Chartreuse and Red) and Chartreuse have been most productive in our clear water.

Our local tackle shop sells them for $4.09 - cheaper than the Bandit website.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thanks, Jerry. I have been planning to do some trolling with crankbaits, I just haven't started yet. I may try some "pushing" crankbaits. It involves tieing a heavy sinker on the bottom with 2 3way swivels with crankbaits on leaders off of the swivels and just bumping the weight off of the bottom as you troll. I have rod holders off of the sides of my boat and use 12' poles. I do a similar rig with smaller drop shot weights and swivels, leaders, 1/0 aberdeen hooks, and minnows for crappie now and have good luck catching crappie. I troll until I find a school, I mark it and fish it until they quit biting. I reckon trolling the crankbaits may work for crappie and maybe a striper. Our water is stained so I might start out with white crankbaits. I read the stripers on my fishfinder, I just can't get them to hit anything. I plan to experiment until I find something that works.
    Crappiepappy, I will try your method also.
    Does anyone else have a way to catch stripers? I know this is a crappie board but I know some of you guys also catch other species. I catch and release some big channel cats when I am not crappie fishing.
    I wish there was some baitshop that sold live shad around here. I have to catch mine with a throw net.

Post Thanks / Like

I use dollar bills.

No wait, that has two P's in it.
    Let Em' Land!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast